Thursday, September 24, 2009

Secret Sister

OK so I'm involved in a mommy group called MOPS. Short for Mother's of Preschoolers....so this year they asked me to be on steering. So I agreed to be a DGL, a discussion group leader. They have asked me several times over the years and I have always said no because I've been pregnant...well I've ran out of reasons...the whole pregnant bit. So I agreed to do it. A nice treat that we get to do is have a Secret Sister. And my secret sister had my gift dropped off at my house. It was a recipe book for 50 easy uses with cake mixes. So I had Frank go through the book and find something he wanted to try. So he picked Black Forest Pudding Cake. So here it is, it was VERY easy! And I LOVE trying new things and then testing them on people, mostly my family.

So it takes 2 cans of cherry pie filling.Then you sprinkle 1 cup of chocolate chips...it called for semi-sweet but I used milk chocolate.Then you sprinkle the cake mix (dry, and yes this was confusing for me, but with some help I figured it out). After I put all this into my pan, I realize that yes, perhaps if the recipe calls for a 9x13 pan, they actually might mean it. WHO KNEW!?! It barely fit as you can and I'm not even done!!So you sprinkle the cake mix with another 1 cup of chocolate chips.Then you evenly spread (kinda hard to do when the pan is too small, it got interesting!) melted butter over the top.Here is a token picture of my handsome helper...I'll have you know how much quieter my house is with 2 less kids, especially the one whose volume control is broken...broken RIGHT the heck OFF! Annnyyyway, that's off on a tangent, back to the task at hand. Isn't he handsome?Here is the final result. It overflowed, but it tastes good. Threw me off a little cause it didn't cook like I was expecting, all cake like. But I read the name of the cake again and it has pudding in it...so it's goopy and runny like pudding is. It does taste very good and everyone likes it, even Frank who does not like cake. And on the scale for easy...this is WAY easy! I was done in a jiff!

So thank you to my secret sister, who ever she is (I'll find out next year before we are done with MOPS).

I hope everyone had a good day!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure it tasted good but it doesn't look very nice. What size pan did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. An 11x something or another...I really should have used the bigger pan. I don't actually have a 9x13 pan so I went small...should have fone bigger...it overflowed as you can tell. Might have looked better in a bigger pan. Next time.

    ReplyDelete

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...