Monday, September 28, 2009

Cabela's

This weekend my family and I finally went to Cabela's. If you aren't familiar with what Cabela's is, it's a sporting goods store. We've all been wanting go for a long time and we finally made the time to go.

This is what greets you at the very front of the store...pretty cool. Whether they are real or not...we don't know.A closer view...these are some pretty amazing animals and BIG!This one blew my mind. I've always heard about Stellar Seals, especially with all the controversy in Seattle and them eating the salmon...I had no idea how really big these things are! Had no idea...and this picture really doesn't do the size of this beast justice at all...I took a picture of the Wolverine for Ian, since his football team are the Wolverines...now we know what they look like...looks like a badger or something to me...and a nasty looking creature at that.Meet the Polar Bear...he's HUGE! You just have no idea sometimes going to the zoo or watching on TV, how big these animals are in real life. Don't I sound like I live in a concrete jungle!
They had an exhibit, I guess is what you would call it, of African animals or some such things.
I am just mesmerized by this face...I've got nothing.

We saw lots of things we wanted....I wanted some wonderfully smelling candles (I'm addicted to candles), some lovely clothes, cute hats, wonderful food (the buffalo sticks were good), camping gear and gadgets I could always have, oh and a tent that would fit us all and be used well. Just need an acre to set up camp and about $600...donations accepted....

I definitely found many things there to get for myself and other people...now if I could get the money part to align with the wants I'd be good.

I hope everyone had a good Monday...as well as Mondays can be of course.

2 comments:

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...