Saturday, February 6, 2010

Slings

I love my sling...my friend Nikki gave it too me before Dru was born or shortly there after. Anyway, I wish I had a sling with Ian and Lee but it didn't hurt to start with Dru. I have tried with Eli but he does not sling well at all...he's awkward in it and it drives me nuts! The cool thing is that Dru remembers that sling and he LOVES his sling as he so eloquently puts it. He will even try and wear it...but his memory is long and remembers his sling. He would and has let me sling him at almost 4...it's been a huge help freeing up two hands...I could grab each kid if I needed to and still be holding Dru...(the date on this picture below me is wrong...it's 2007) I will say, it took me a few times and many demonstrations for me to finally be wearing the sling right. A good friend of mine showed me how...I finally got the guts up and asked her how to wear my sling...I figured she was a good choice since she used a sling for her little boy. Turns out I had the sling on upside down (don't worry I didn't have the baby upside down in it). And boy howdy, once that got all figured out I was riding the gravy train! It just clicked!
It didn't/doesn't always go over well with family, but then I didn't care...it worked for me and it worked for Dru and that's what mattered. That's where he was happiest and made me the happiest! I don't think they know what to do with themselves or what to say if they want to hold the baby...kinda threw them for a loop. I think I've opened their eyes to a whole new world out there they only heard about in the news and movies... HA! I'm laughing at my own inside jokes....

Have a good weekend! Who's watching the Super Bowl?

4 comments:

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...