Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day! I got one of the coolest gift from my Secret Sister from MOPS last Monday. I got this bread tin in the shape of a heart to bake something like bread in it. It's kinda hard to see here (or maybe you can see it, I don't know) but I made a heart loaf (cause I heart bread...really I do, just ask my mother and husband!)
Here is a close up and it's a bit easier to tell it's in the shape of a heart. And just for future info...homemade bread is ecstasy! I have this and a whole other loaf! I made a almost 19lb turkey today with all the traditional fixings (we had a turkey induced coma but no ability for taking a nap). So, between Frank and I being the only ones eating tonight we have leftovers coming out our ears!!! So for lunch I look forward to a homemade turkey sand which on my bread. We will also be having, at some point, turkey soup, turkey pot pie...and if there is left overs after all that...well I'll cross that bridge when I get there. I could have a mutiny on my hands from my husband! Here is my littlest Valentine today. He's eating chocolate his Oma and Grandpa sent home to the rest of the boys for Valentine's day. This guys sleeps and breaths chocolate! He hears a bag of candy rustle from far away and he's on it!

Frank and I had quite the chuckle today. This outfit that Eli is wearing, he was wearing when he was 2 months old!!!!! It still fits the little sucker! It's not tight anywhere and still lots of room! Cracked me up!!! The size for this outfit is 0-3 months! I had a really good Valentine's day today...I was home with my hubby and my boys! It was nice to wake up in the morning and not have Frank's side of the bed empty. It was a nice and relaxing weekend. Frank and I don't really 'celebrate' this day...we really both think it's a Hallmark Holiday, but we did have a special family dinner. It was just good to just be with Frank. Neither one of use know when his next weekend off like that will be so I'm glad we had it! Love ya Frank!

3 comments:

  1. You think it's a Hallmark Day but you make heart shaped bread :) AND a turkey dinner! But you were with those you love that's what it's all about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a good Valentine's day. I would like turkey more then once a year but apparently that is against the rules. Who knew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL not against the rules at my house! Auntie, when I say Hallmark Holiday I mean more of where people expect the dinner, card, flowers...the WHOLE kit and kaboodle...where as something like a dinner and heart shaped bread is something small but big? If that makes any sense to you...no pressure to do anything for my husband or myself...plus Feb. is NEVER a good month for us and NEVER has been money wise and so we had this and didn't spend $$.

    ReplyDelete

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...