Tuesday, September 7, 2010

BB's

The other day we went Blackberry picking...well and I use the word 'we' loosely. I picked...they ate. As you can tell by their faces. Eli was cracking me up...he was calling the blackberries bb's...which sounded like babies. He was so funny. He would find one he could pick and get so excited. He'd stick it in his mouth and then spit it out with a classic look on his face. I think he's got texture issues...he spits a lot of his food out after he sucks the nutrients out of it.

Dru really found a lot of fruit...what a mess! Not only did these two eat blackberries they found the only puddle around and proceeded to play in it. So they were soaked from head to toe. They also played with the tires and rims on my car...giving it a bath I suppose...I don't know. Eli gave himself a nice mask with the dirt/grease from the tire. He's nasty so you know! Thank goodness he's cute! Him and Dru...they are surviving on their looks these days!
Thankfully though I did manage to pick 14 cups worth of bb's! I now have enough fruit to make 2 double batches of jam! YES! Now my goal this week is to make applesauce and apple pie filling...it's about that time of the year folks!
Take care!

3 comments:

  1. You could pick me some BB's. I want some but will not pick them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've moved on momma! Now I'm onto apples, pears, peaches...tomatoes if I can afford them...Auntie...you could come thru..just express ship them...thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...