Saturday, September 11, 2010

Soccer Jamboree

Alrighty folks...on a ride with me you go! Today was the soccer jamboree for Ian and Lee...we had 4 games to go to...whew! Thankfully after three of the games were played we went home for a breather before Ian's last game! I took a small nap...could have been longer but...eh.

And away we go! I also need to tell you these pictures are in no particular order, other than the order they were uploaded in. I'm too lazy/tired to go through and make them in the right order...it's too much tonight.

Here is Dru and his buddy and his grandma. It cracked me up later on when I looked and Dru was all cuddled up with his friends grandma while his buddy was playing with his Uncle. I had to laugh...the third born was snuggling and getting some attention...like he couldn't get it anywhere else. Of course this woman is also his teacher at MOPS....so he knows her...it just struck me as funny. Here is Ian in a team huddle with his coaches...yes you see right, that's Frank there helping out. He's the Assistant Coach and Ian is over the moon about that. I did ask him today if after two games if he was still pretty excited that his dad was helping and he emphatically said yes. I'm still giving it some time, he might change his mind, although is daddy is trying hard to not pick on him. We always have more expectations of our own kids that they should just know. That's where I'm always coming from.

Lee was bored out of his skull!!! He was irritating me to no end! Ian had spent time watching and rooting for his brother and he couldn't be bothered to root his big brother on!!! Arrggg!!! This kid drives me nuts sometimes...anyway...if this was keeping him quiet I just went with it.

Here are the Firecrackers practicing before the game.
First game Ian got to be Goalie...he was pumped! The clothes were a bit big but we were trying it out. It was quite the get up and the gloves were huge on him...poor kid!

He did such a good throw in! One of the few action shots I got of Ian. He spent a good portion of his play time twiddling his thumbs or looking around. Not so much goofing off, just off in La-la land. We have to work on that...he just so busy looking around seeing what everyone else on the side line is doing...like he's missing out on something...

Here's another good shot of Ian...he was looking at me cause I was rooting him on and he thought I was yelling at him. I felt bad he thought that...whoops! Note to self...don't yell so loud.

Some of Ian's team...it was such a good idea that someone had to provide buckets for them to sit on. They had a designated spot to place their behinds...so many times they go off and play while they are waiting to go back in and have no idea what is going on or that their coach is hollering for them! Love this idea!


Now we are on to Lee's games, GO REDFIRE!...drum roll please!
So much excitement today!! First game of the day and Lee was designated by Coach to be team Captain!!! Yippeee!! What joy! I had to ask why this was important...for coin tosses and such...that was in case you guys didn't know either. Lee was the away team, I love that their jerseys are reversible...for away and home games. Someone was thinking on that one.
Team huddle...Lee is #39. He's got a great coach and a great team. He knows several of them which we lucked out on. At least 2 of the kids are in his same class at school. Couldn't have asked for better I think.
The ready stance...Lee is ready to go!
When asked if he liked T-ball or soccer better he said soccer. Wanna guess why? Because he could run...soccer might be his thing. He does love to run and he did a lot of it during T-ball when he needed to stay in his spot. Sooo with soccer this gives him a bit of room to run. He sure enjoyed himself today playing 2 games. He even scored one goal today in the first game! He just needs to work on not sliding. He keeps sliding and he's driving his parents and coaches crazy with it. Last practice he ran 4 laps because he kept doing it. It needs to click with him and he's gonna hurt someone if he doesn't stop. And that makes me nervous!!
All in all we had a good day. It was long but since it's only one day we'll be OK. People came and watched the boys and there were a lot of people out there that I knew so that was nice also. The longer I stay here and the more involved I get the more people I get to know. I also spend a lot of my time looking at people trying to figure out just where I know them from. For the most part I don't remember and sometimes I get up the nerve to ask...that's always a fun conversation ;)
I know these aren't easy to see because I wanted to post so many pictures but I wanted lots of pictures on this post, lots to cover in one day. Here is the group that came watched the boys today...these are the die hards! Thanks guys!
Some other things to say...
GO HUSKIES! When you win you win big! Must be my lucky purple shirt!! ;)
Second...I have not forgotten today was Patriot Day a.k.a the anniversary of 9/11. I had a discussion with Lee about this and it was surreal talking to him about this. I can't believe it has been 9 years since that day. I remember where I was and everything I felt while watching it unfold on my television. It has been forever seared upon my brain. I still get teary-eyed and goosebumps when I watch t.v. specials on it. We can't forget and we haven't. Peace be with the families.

3 comments:

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...