Monday, September 13, 2010

Check Out Those Apples!

SO...this is what I have been up to Friday and Sunday...APPLES! It didn't matter how many I cored they kept multiplying! These were all the apples I worked with...it was a lot. Apples getting clean in my sink. My cute (huge understatement there) helper.
My reward for backbreaking work! that's not all of it mind you...just the first batch from my stack of apples. I made a big batch of regular applesauce and then a huge batch of cinnamon applesauce. We will be sitting pretty this winter. For the first time making anything for canning I managed to burn a really BIG batch of applesauce...oh it was foul tasting! So I had to toss that batch out...what a waste!! I am so upset! All those apples gone!
Silly as it sounds and as tired as I am...I need more apples. I need to make/freeze pie filling. Also I need someone to clean my house and fold my laundry. Everything has been put on hold since I started on Friday and today I am making Zucchini Bread (with chocolate chips in it) and Apple bread. Let me tell you that Apple bread is to die for!!! YUM!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! Well except for the burning part. And yes that is nasty stuff burned.

    ReplyDelete

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...