Wednesday, September 1, 2010

4...3...2...1...Welcome!

Today is my Dru's birthday! He turned 4 today at 2:02 am. I can't believe how much he's grown or how fast time has gone! Today when he woke up he opened the door just a smidgen and asked if today was his birthday. I said it was and he threw the door open and spoke at the top of his lungs that he was four today! WHEW! It's been a long few days for him to get to his birthday! I'm pretty sure he thought he wasn't going to make it. This kid has me in stitches all day today. Later on that morning he walked by Lee and Ian's room and stopped...and then out of nowhere you hear this long exasperated sigh from him. (Lee hadn't gotten up yet from bed). Then you hear Dru say to Lee...'get up Lee it's my birfday! I laughed so hard but Lee got up. That was the funny part!
Today he turned 4!This is the gift Dru got from us. A blue and Orange scooter (remember his fave color is orange...wait until his party...). Anyway, I was getting dressed in the bedroom and Frank's side of the closet was open and he saw his gift. He went right up to it and said is this scooter for me? I said no it's for another little boy. He said well, I'd like a scooter too. To which I said well call your father...which he did. That conversation was funny! We were suppose to give it to him on his party...now we'll have to think of something else. He was so excited for his scooter though. Look at his face! Now he can keep up with his big brothers!I let him ride his scooter to the bus stop this one time, it was his birthday after all. He did pretty well!I thought I take a trip down memory lane. Here is Dru on his 3rd birthday...He's changed so much from last year to this year. Especially in his face!I couldn't find a birthday picture of him on his 2ND birthday. What was I thinking!?! I always take pictures...you know I'll find them later after I post this!I did however have pictures of his first birthday party but they weren't very good...this was the better one. Disregard the date on that photo...had to learn how to tweak the camera especially with the date. What a cootie..I mean cutie! Now we are to this point...here I am in labor on the 31st. Man this picture makes me look huge! Of course he was the biggest baby I had!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DRU! Check out the weight! Whew! I had the best birth with Dru. I had him at home in my bedroom. I got to do just about everything I wanted with that birth. He's been the best and easiest baby/kid out of the four of them! And with out a thought I'm almost positive it started with how I brought him into this world! I wish I could do the other 3 boys all over again and follow my heart...but I can't change the past. So we'll leave that where it lies...This has to be one of my all time favorite pictures. Frank just looking over Dru who is wrapped up in a towel from home not some hospital receiving blanket.
Happy birthday to Dru Sherman Paulson. You are growing up way to fast. His party will be something people will be talking bout for the rest of his life. Pictures will follow after the party on Saturday...
To be continued...

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Dru! Anita he is so funny! And just a little clue, you were that big! :) LOL

    ReplyDelete

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...