Monday, September 6, 2010

A Color By Any Other Name

Knock...Knock?

Who's there? Why Dru of course! On Saturday it was Dru's 4Th birthday party. We had theme this year...it was the color orange. Here is my baby! I remember a time when his head wasn't anywhere near the top of the counter! Sheesh!
That day he was outfitted in all orange...shirt, shorts, socks, shoes, underwear, water bottle...Knock...Knock?
Orange. Orange who?
Why the Paulson boys of course! Look who else got in on the excitement? I managed to get everyone in some orange...OK well not everyone. Frank and I sadly were not outfitted in any color that resembled orange...sigh. What a let down!Dru and his not so orange cake. I went to get this cake and when we ordered it we specifically said all orange on top with an orange and white soccer ball on top and for it to say 'Happy 4Th Birthday Dru'. That's it. No soccer net, no green, just a whole lot of orange! They screwed it up and I could have sat there and bawled my eyes out!!! I didn't say anything to Dru about it. I did however come in and show him and his first reaction (I suspect) was disappointment. He just sat there and looked at it and was going to say something and then didn't. He said he liked it and he left it at that. I am considering calling the bakery and complaining...I did pay for it but his party was that day...what was I gonna do? Tell them no and walk away with out a cake? They offered to put more orange on it but I'd like to know where they would have put it? I still have a chip on my shoulder, but in the end Dru had a cake and seemed to have liked it.I didn't realize until too late that someone had gotten to my camera and smudged my lens so bear with me. We tried to decorate in as much orange as possible. We had orange plates, cups, napkins, streamers, birthday signs, orange ice cream (well actually it was rainbow sherbet...which had orange in it) forks and spoons. We were on orange overload!! We even had orange punch!!! WOW!
A birthday sign with the number 4 AND orange in it...what a find!! Knock...knock?
Orange. Orange who?
And Orange bunch of friends! Here is Dru and a buddy of his. Dru and his buddy are on the same soccer team this year. Dru is desperately trying to get his team to agree to the team name of Orange something or other. And true to friend form, his buddy is right behind him supporting this petition! Their jersey color is a forest green...
Just one shot of one of the many gifts Dru was blesses with. He got many good things and LOTS of orange things. People were very thoughtful and crafty with their gifts. When Dru was asked what he wanted for his birthday, he always said an orange birthday cake. Just a simple request... People got him orange colored snacks all the way to his very own orange bath towel!


I hope that everyone had a great Labor day weekend. I am ready for school to start again...long weekend with everyone here. I'm ready for September to be over...it's always so busy with everything starting up...from school, to MOPS, to preschool, to gearing up for the upcoming holidays, to soccer. Don't get me started on THAT one...I have gone crazy! Which is OK, gotta keep busy and this is just a part of my life now...it just seems to get more hectic every year, at least I don't have a boring life...much. There are times I think I do.

Well take care! I have just laid Eli down and I should go to bed and take advantage of that. Eli asleep in his own bed and not in my bed for a few hours. That and 6:30 comes awful early in the morning...not that I get up then but my alarm goes off and I hit snooze for half an hour...THEN I get my butt out of bed.

OK, I'm off and running!

2 comments:

  1. Me too. I have no idea where this infatuation came from...I really think I need to hit up Skater dude and ask what's up...think he'll know?

    ReplyDelete

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...