Skip to main content

Spring has come...to Californa

So it seemed when we got there to California that Spring had come, but only to this state.  Washington was like 2 months behind.  It was so comfortable weather wise there and they had wonderful flowers to look at.  When I was there 10 years ago for our honeymoon I don't think they had flowers out, of course that was in November. 

Pretty purple and yellow tulips with daffodils mixed in!  Can't wait for the Tulip fields to open up in a few months!
 These flowers always make me think of Alice in Wonderland, where she's in the field of flowers and they are all singing.  You remember?
 Love me some purple!  I think these might be Poppies?
 I just liked these and it was something to take a picture of while I was in line with the boys to go on the Matterhorn.
 I don't know what these are but they were unusual, although I know I've seen them before.
 A little blurry I know but I liked the color of this filler type plant they put in planters.
 I liked the blue on these ones...I just wished I could have kept the shadow out of the picture...it must have been where I was sitting...I took this picture several times and with the same result.  Such a vibrant blue!
 OK, now these were all over the place...we saw them driving from the airport in the medians and up the hills.  These were by far the coolest flowers I've seen.  I almost want to call them Birds of Paradise...but we all know I'm just guessing here! 
 They really do look like birds though I think...these were in Downtown Disney...pretty neat!
 Some more Purpleness!
 With February being dreary at times...OK...most of the time.  I really felt like I got a good dose or shot of color back into my world.  Love the color!
 I have a spot for roses...my grandfather had them all over his garden and I have some in my yard.  They have the most wonderful and fragrant perfume!  Makes me homesick for Whibey Island and my grandparents home.
Well I just thought I'd share that jolt of color with you guys...I know spring is just around the corner.  I can feel it in my bones (and if you talk to Ian, Spring starts the minute it turns the 20th...that's the day of his birthday).  We gotta have our last go around with Mother Nature and Father Winter...but Spring is coming!  There is hope, renewal, birth, life...I LOVE Spring!

Comments

  1. VERY pretty flowers! Just what we needed to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for bringing color into my day! We were just in California too and I was so excited to see the pink cherry blossom trees in bloom! We came home to snow on the ground, that was sure strange. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

VERY Belated Birthday

So on March 20Th at 3:42 AM, my baby turned 8 this year!!! I just can not believe this! Where has the time gone? Absolutely blows my mind!

Here is Ian...he's about 4-6 months old. I still get this look...what!?!Here is my son 8 years later! SOB! Time for birthday spankings from daddy! Quite fun!
Dru joined in the fun...they really do enjoy it when daddy holds the big brother down, easy target!
Lee really going for it...check his stance out!Even Eli got in on the fun...he didn't spank nearly as hard as the other brothers...of course he wasn't quite sure what was going on anyway...he just wanted to do it too!Ian and his birthday ice cream cake! He lives for ice cream cake! What a handsome fella!
He had a good day and got a gift he's been waiting for since he saw it and Grandpa Lee and Grandma Paulson's house on Christmas day....thank goodness they came through and got it for him! He got some money and some great outdoor games and items! He had a great day! I l…

Someone is FINALLY 4!!!

A good morning from Big brother Lee on Eli's birthday!  Mighty is so excited that something is going on!! Whatever it is its worth getting up for!
 My birthday boy!  Has 4 years really gone by so quickly!?!  This year his birthday was the day before Thanksgiving...I am NOT cooking a birthday dinner tonight!  We will be going to Pizza Hut and having a party there...Eli is SO excited and is so happy that his day is finally here!!  It's been a long year of everyone else having their birthdays and not him.
 Birthday boy, Mighty and Mom...a good picture I think
 This is my favorite picture of the day!
 Birthday spankings!!  Thank goodness it is only 4 and a pinch to grow an inch!
Happy birthday Sparky!

Goose Egg

So....here is what I did for fun on Friday!  Had a blast...however I'm not sure I'll do it again.
That is my goose egg...jealous?  Yeah I knew you would be.  Want to know how to get one?  Well I'll tell you how to get one.  Help your husband load the truck up for a dump run and then get a bungee or two and help strap down said garbage.  While working on strapping things down, hold one end of the bungee while said husband works to get the other side down.  Make sure it is either hooked or it slips out of your hand, that way it can lung back at you.  THAT is how you get a goose egg like mine!  This picture was pretty much right after it happened...Frank took a picture...I thought I was bleeding profusely from my head, however that was just my head swelling.  Gorgeous!!!
Here I am later than night after an hour or so of icing it.  I had a pretty good headache going and way tender!
Now you see by Sunday night the pretty colors of the rainbow are making their appearance.  It&…