Sunday, June 6, 2010

Water Fight

At Grandma and Grandpa's house, way back around Easter...the Easter Bunny brought the grandkids squirt guns. There were approximately 9 over the top excited grandkids bouncing around the house over these things. The only rule I guess was they couldn't squirt Grandma...I was shocked that it was actually followed. My boys have been waiting for this day since April...constantly bugging me about these silly little things. Finally they could use them over Memorial Weekend...what joy!

The thing is, it starts out innocently enough like this and then it turns into a Paulson summit meeting, including even the littlest squirt (like my play on words? I'm that good folks!)...really that just looks like a bunch of trouble for us. Of 9 grandkids...7 of them are boys. It's my belief that we are outnumbered and we can not under any circumstance allow them to know that!!!!
After the summit meeting the plan is tried to put into action...some may fail others may succeed, but in the end one wonders who really won? The plan was to get Grandpa Lee...that plan has been put into action...they had him on the run!
Even the girls have been called into duty...such determination! It won't be said they didn't give their all.

But in the end...I think Grandpa Lee walked away the winner. The kids were pretty drenched from failed attempted bombing of water balloons...due to failure to detonate and bins that have holes in them. The battle was fought but the war was won...by Grandpa Lee. Only to be fought again sometime this summer or next. They have their eye on him and a plot formulating already I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...