Friday, April 24, 2009

Hitch 'em UP, Head 'em Out....

Raaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwww Hide! You can thank me later for getting that song stuck in your head. Frank already does...HA! I'm such a lovely wife! No really I am! What you don't believe me? Hhhmmm...wonder why?

Well yesterday was kinda crazy and I really wanted to post this last night but I walked into the perfect storm when we got back from...drum roll please...Kindergarten Round-Up! Lee was the man of the hour and boy were we all excited! (I can honestly say I didn't cry with Lee, I thought I might. Thought about it, but no tears came! Yeah me!) I do have to laugh though, we were waiting in line to get the forms and all that extra not-so-fun stuff and the Principal was there. Frank and I were placing bets on whether he recognized us...well we both won. He knew us and he knew all about Lee. Suffice it to say, Ian had told his principal ALL about Lee and how excited he (Ian) was to have his little brother start coming to school. So the principal gives us the run down and we go to the next station. As we are there, the nice lady asks Lee a few questions and then asks his name and his last name, (we thought we were done with people recognizing us, last laugh is on us!). The nice lady turns out to be the school nurse...I get A LOT of phone calls starting out as "Mrs. Paulson?" "Yes?" "This is the school nurse......" And she too knew all about Lee and us coming to the Round-Up. At this point I was wondering WHO didn't know about us or WHO didn't know Ian. So after that station we go to the next one. They want to take pictures of the kids with their families and they will be using them for one thing or another. Honestly, I never saw the picture we took with Ian 2 years ago...whatever. So the gal taking the picture turns out to be the school counselor and sure enough she too knew Ian and all about Lee. Lee didn't have a shot in the dark to go unnoticed...He's now Ian's little brother. Thankfully, he has little brothers who will in turn be also known as Lee's little brother. Or thankfully not...time will tell.
So this is Lee on our way out to the Round-Up. To top of the event just for Lee, we got to ride in Dad's truck, where apparently there is a rule (which I'm whole heartily against and take offense too) where no girl music can be listened too while in the truck. When I use the truck (which is rarely, just so you know!) and I go with one of the boys, I'm CONSTANTLY reminded of this STUPID rule! To which I break and purposely find girl music and BLARE it, cause I'm just that way! Well off that soap box....and on to the next picture.This is us waiting in line to get the paperwork and meet the Principal...I think he was kinda nervous and was putting on a brave face. But all in all he did VERY well and was quite outgoing. Plus I think it helped he knew a few faces there.This is what we have been WAITING for the whole time! They get to ride the bus!! Such excitement! This is such a good picture of him too!This just shows how BEYOND excited he is! He is terribly excited about starting Kindergarten...just another step in the big boy area! He does look a bit maniacal doesn't he? Creepy kid!The bus leaving to take them around the block...And coming back...they were gone a lot longer than I remember with Ian. Come to find out they went a lot farther...more than just a block...the longest block I ever felt anyway.Getting off the bus. It always boggles my mind watching these little 5/6 year olds getting off and on the bus. The steps are so huge and they look so awkward trying to do this. Makes me chuckle from time to time.Can you tell how impressed Frank is that the driver asked that there be one parent per kid for the ride? This is why I'm such a good wife...I didn't go, didn't want to go :) And to top it off, we asked him to hang out with Lee's friend Will...lol He was a good sport though! Secretly I think Frank missed riding the old Cheese wagon.So some tiny updates, my cousin as of 7 hours ago is doing better than before. And sadly that's all I know. I don't know if she's still at the hospital or at home? Or anything else, my lovely Aunt needs to give a little more info out and hopefully she will. Or I'll hear from my mother. On any account, she's doing better so I will take that.

Dru update: We have now gone 2 days with out having accidents...well he had one but I don't count that one. He was at a friends house and was upstairs and he couldn't get to the bathroom downstairs fast enough. He's still wearing a night time diaper as we call it, but I could care less about that. It's different, being as Ian and Lee never did...but on the flip side of that Dru's not 3 so I'm not worrying about that. I don't normally start potty training until their third birthday. For some reason Dru is insisting on bucking the system. All that to say, I think things have clicked with him in some mysterious way! We are almost down to one kid in diapers! Yippee!

Thank you to Grandma and Grandpa Lee for coming to watch the other boys so we could have an event just with Lee to make it extra special for him, something he didn't have to share with one of his brothers.

I feel like there is more that I'm forgetting to write about but for the life of me I can't remember...other than my one goal for tomorrow is to fold the 10 loads (could be an exaggeration...or not...see photos below) or so...


TOO many clothes!!! SO overwhelming!I REMEMBERED what else I wanted to say! Eli has been taking naps and starting out bedtime in his crib!!! I can't tell you how exhilarating it is to be in my bed w/o a kid! I just spread out in my bed, make Frank move WAY over cause I don't want to be touched! Eli doesn't stay there more than an hour but by golly it's one of the best hours around! Not too mention it's really rejuvenating to my mind, body, and soul to not be touched or have a little person on me...there are times I think I might just run away screaming if one more person touches me or needs me...so this hour is needed!

Okay I need to get going, it's WAY later than I realized!!

2 comments:

  1. Kindergarten.......oooooo how much fun. Jimmy starts in Aug. We are already preparing to cry at his preschool graduation :

    ReplyDelete
  2. When took Ian to Kindergarten I held back the tears, when I took him to preschool I cried and he didn't care. I wonder how I will do with Lee...probably cry. I'm ready but I'm not ready. We start in August too...but I bet you guys start earlier than we do.

    ReplyDelete

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...