Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Wax on...Wax off...

So today was Ian's first day of Karate/Tai Kwan doe. And just for the record I have no idea if I spelled that correctly or not. So when I signed him up, the flier says new beginners need to show up to class 15 minutes early. No biggie I can do that! And just an FYI, I also asked the gal when I was paying for the class the address of the class(this information will come in handy later). She told me and I asked if it was by so and so and she said yes. So great! I knew where this was. NOT! So here starts the story:

So Ian, Eli and I take off from the house so we can get to the class 15 minutes before. We show up and their is a class still going. I think no biggie it will end cause we are here before 6pm when the next class starts at 6:05pm. We are doing well, no biggie. So the teacher asks if we'd like to sit and he'd get to us. So we sit and get ourselves put together and all that jazz. And so we sit...and sit...and sit some more. It's now 6pm, and I start to wonder if this guy is going to start wrapping class up and then he does something and I start to think, oh class will be over soon. NOT! But do you think it ever occurred to me that PERHAPS I might be in the wrong building? Noooooo!?! Yeah me either! So we continue to sit until it dawns on me that this guy isn't stopping class or class isn't over, it's just begun. DANG IT! And at the same time Frank texts me and asks me how class was going. So I just called him and asked him to look in the book for the address and all that. I also asked Frank just in case I had it all wrong, but wasn't this the only joint in town that taught Karate? Can you see where this is all going? Cause we are now at 6:15pm when it finally became clear...that there is more than one facility in town teaching the young children of Enumclaw Karate.

So Frank tells me on the phone that sure enough I need to be down the street TWO blocks! I can't believe it. I swear this stuff just happens to us. It's not like I LOOK for these things but it's us. Anyway, at the same time I'm finding this out a gentleman that works at where we are at asks if there's anything he can help me with. Uh yeah! Where the heck is the other building at and who's got my money people! What I really said was, where's the beginning Tai Kwon Do class? He of course just looked at me and blinked (I'm sure he's thinking you are a silly woman). So he finally figures out I'm down the street also and tells me where it's at. But to also get his business in he hands me a flier just in case I want to bring Ian back...uh only if it's free folks. Anyway, we finally get ourselves put together and I'm apologizing profusely to Ian cause I feel so horrible! He's now going to be 45 minutes late for class! I have to be the WORST mother in the world (okay not really but close).

Okay, so we get out of that building and walk the two or three blocks to the building we are SUPPOSE to be in. We walk in and I talk to the teacher and explain what happened and wondered if by chance Ian would still be able to participate in class tonight or would we need to come back on Wednesday. The teacher was kind enough to just look at me like I'd grown another head. But Ian did get to finish class and he did very well. Actually I really think he picked up on it fairly quickly. Only cause the moves they were doing were things he'd already been doing at home...they just have a names for them now.

This is Ian starting his class, I don't know what stance this is but he jumps into this class with gusto even though he's late. I'm so proud of him. I don't know why but this week he's been doing really well and be very helpful. And not cause he gets something cause he'd forgotten about Karate. But whatever it is I, for the last two days, have felt so blessed.
He's listening to his teacher, Ms. Wendy. While Ian is doing this I'm sitting on the sidelines filling out paperwork. And let me tell you, it's a bit cramped. This class is definitely not something you bring extra members of the family too, even though others do but I just can't imagine all of us there watching Ian. That would stress me out. I digress. As I'm filling out paperwork Eli of course starts to fuss. Cause if he didn't that would just be too easy. I sit down and I asked the lady next to me to hold Eli (didn't like too do that) but I needed to do this and he wasn't helping and I only had the sling with me and that's what he was fussing about. So the lady next to me holds Eli while I do this. While I'm doing that two boys come up to me and just go on and on about how they just LOVE babies. They were smitten. Eli can do that you know!!
Here he is doing his first kick, well not really. One of the boys was so cute and he just really took to talking to me and asking me all kinds of questions. I didn't realize until later that his mom was in Ian's class. But he sat next to me and asked about Eli's quilt and what was Eli doing under there (he's eating) and then he asked what he's eating. I tell him he's having Mamma's milk and he says HUH! And the list of questions goes on and on. He's a cute kid. I really hope Ian takes to this class and it teaches him a few things, and that he has fun.Today there was a moment where things got chaotic, we have many of them. But today Dru needed to be held and he wanted to be rocked with his lovey. This hasn't happened in awhile so I knew he NEEDED it. So I told him I would but he had to share with his brother Eli and he was fine with that. Sometimes he's not. So we get on the rocking chair and Eli is fighting sleep and decides this is how he's going to rest. This photo is courtesy of Ian. He didn't do a half bad job.Ian took a close up of the boys. Dru was almost asleep and Eli, as you can tell, passed out! I just thought this was cute (not me the boys silly people!). Eli was comforting Dru while he was crying. And Dru was crying cause he was hungry and I wouldn't get him food until his dad came home so we could eat dinner. I'm mean like that.

Earlier today we went to this place in town that is the Gymnastic place. I forget the whole name, sadly I forget a lot. Anyway, everyday they have a time, a few hours, where kids up to a certain age can come and just play on the gymnastic toys. Today they had this HUGE blow up double slide (like those houses you can jump in, air constantly keeping it blown up). They had trampolines, a rope swings, balance beams, hula hoops. All kinds of things for kids to play with. Anyway, for $4 a kid, your kids can play for however long you want within that time. Let me tell you it was the cheapest and best $4 a kid I have spent in a long time. My kids (we took Austin too, he's my nephew) ran the whole time. They only stopped long enough to get a drink. Dru literally for the first hour we were there ran the length of the trampoline( it wasn't your typical round one but a rectangular one), for an hour he did this! For two hours my boy did nothing but run and play and climb, which is why Dru had a meltdown at 5 something or other in the evening. they played hard and I loved it! I will most certainly be investing in a punch card for this for Dru, he had so much fun. Tomorrow they get to go to Ms. Liz's house...and they have no idea. This has been the best Spring break ever! Okay well we've only had one other one before this one so we don't have a lot to go off of.

3 comments:

  1. I promise I will not laugh :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry but this cracked me up!!! Only you. Sounds like a really fun place for little people. I hope you get to go again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know deep down you all are laughing at me! But that's okay cause I'm laughing at me too!

    ReplyDelete

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...