Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Deprived

Yes I'm deprived of many things but as I was making these last night I realized something...this is the first time (well last night anyway) that my kids have EVER had homemade blueberry pancakes! Can you believe that!?! Then it dawned on me and I started laughing cause I remembered something else. Last year Frank and I took the kids to FT. Ebey to camp as a family and we stopped somewhere to eat. I believe it was Dairy Queen and as a treat we bought the boys an ice cream cone. Those kids were so silly, we kept telling them they could eat the cone and they kept looking at us like we were from Mars. Finally I had to show them, that YES you could eat the cone, it's eatable! I finally realized as we were driving away why my kids were acting that way...they had never had an ice cream cone! How could Ian go 7 years of his life and NOT had an ice cream cone? That doesn't even seem fathomable does it? Seriously! Now I'm trying to figure out what else my kids have been deprived of..so far I can only come up with those two things.

Tomorrow Ian and Lee both have field trips and both are excited. Personally I think Lee's is going to be more fun than Ian's but that's me. Ian gets to go to the Children's Theater and see a play (obviously). I think it's Good Night Moon...don't quote me on that though. And Lee gets to see the Reptile Guy! Honestly I think I'm more excited than Lee at this point. But to be fair he was fairly little the last time he saw him...he was 3ish...so I guess it was awhile ago. This guy brings all kinds of animals...snakes, croc's (not the shoes folks! Silly people!), spiders, scorpions, African Bullfrog (my fave).

This is the African Toad/Bullfrog ( I don't remember which).

This is Beardsly the lizard...like how I'm so technical? I'm good that way!I love this 'smile'This is Benny the Python...he was very long!Doesn't that look like so much fun? Okie Dokie I'll make this post short...well shorter than the rest. How's that? Take care!
By the way, no one told me what they had for dinner the other day...I'm looking for dinner ideas we are in a rut and I have to go shopping again this week. Any suggestions would be nice. Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. Please save all the blueberries for me.. I feel deprived too just ask Nikki.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lane LOVES this guy. He had his birthday there last year. We had chicken stripes and fries, so how's that for a rut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well not in anymore of a rut than we are, we are having that tomorrow. I have no idea what I'm doing for tonight...any one's guess at this point. Tossing around the idea for this guy for Dru's birthday. I feel deprived Auntie when I ask to have some of her jam...thankfully this summer I'm going to learn...we should send some your way :)

    ReplyDelete

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...