Sunday, April 26, 2009

Tom Petty

So, I got the laundry ALL folded! And would you believe that I am still doing laundry! I don't think I was fully prepared for the amount of laundry I will be facing for the next few years! Secretly I can't wait until my washer and dryer bite the dust (again...and that's another long story). Anyway, when they do I'm going to buy my dream washer and dryer set...hopefully. It's those front loaders and they steam dry and kill cooties...it's multi purpose! Just like me!

Yesterday Frank ended up not having to go into work and had to go into work today. His boss had some 24 hour cootie! ICK! Anyway, so we went to G.I. Joe's to see if we could find a big tent like we want. They were having 20-40% of everything in the store. A half way decent sale...but no tents for us. We want a BIG tent to fit all of us and all our crap! And if you go camping you know there is just a lot of stuff that just comes with you. Eventually the big boys will be big enough to go in their own tent and that will help. So we got done shopping and while we were waiting to check out Dru has a mini meltdown so I take the boys and leave the store while Frank pays for things. Since we were going out to check the sale out we decided to go to Olive Garden as a family. This was a first for the boys to go to a bit of a nicer restaurant...in our world anyway. I was a little reserved about it but was willing to give it a try...and the boys did great! Just a few little hiccups but other than that, they did good. Dru even did great with the going potty and stuff. The food was YUMMY by the way. Don't hate me Nikki! I still have plans of us going...someday :)

So as we are pulling out of the Olive Garden Frank tells me about a little 'incident' (for lack of a better word coming to mind) that happened to him while he was paying for our things at G.I. Joe's. When we left they opened up another line and Frank went there to pay for our things. The check out lady asked Frank if someone on his shirt was from the band Poison and he said no. He told her his shirt was from a Tom Petty concert that he went to, ( I took him to a concert for his birthday last August). Well this lady got all atwitter about Tom Petty and how much she loved his music and him and...and..and...well she asked Frank what he was doing later and he said huh? And she told him, well she had some grass and Bud Light and did he want to go back to her place and have a good time with her and Tom Petty? I have to admit the 'claws' came out a wee bit...thankfully I wasn't there when that happened. Frank just looked at her and said well can my wife come? That shut her up pretty quick. Can you believe that??? I can't count how many times women constantly are hitting on Frank. They do it ALL the time!! Drives me nuts! I hate that! Like the wedding ring was a dead give away or anything! *rolling eyes*

Anyway, the weekend has gone well and we are all in now and watching the movie Twilight. I, today, have saw fit to torture Frank with one of MY movies. He's tortured me enough so now it's his turn. :) So off I go. I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.

5 comments:

  1. Well who knew Frank is such a little party animal and stud. Pushy little hussy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will not get another W & D till I can afford one that sorts, folds and put's the clothes away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's hilarious.....me and my dad think he got hit on the other day at the post office. Awww Tom Petty...right up there with ABBA in my memories. Did you like Twilight?

    Jayme

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jayme I saw Twilight at the theater right after Eli was born and I really did like it...can't wait for the other movies to come out. The books...I devoured them! So good!

    Auntie...when you find that washer and dryer you let me know!! I'm ALL for that!

    Nikki, can you believe people! WHo knew she was SO desparate to pick up Frank WHILE she was working!?! Never in my life!! Still blows my mind!!

    ReplyDelete

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...