Monday, April 6, 2009

Squish the Little Baby Bumblebee...

Do you guys know that song? I squish the little baby bumblebee, won't my mommy be so proud of me....Frank always sings that with the boys when they are babies. They think it's so funny when he does the little hand motions they always laugh. Today was good. I had MOPS today and I'm glad I went. I really debated about not going...I was feeling a nap attack coming on and it was do or die! So I got my butt moving and went to MOPS. And I'm glad I did cause they taunted me with chocolate truffles dipped in more chocolate and then on top of it all they SAID we should sprinkle them with...well sprinkles. Then on top of it all, a gal at our table just THOUGHT it would be a good idea to bring carmel's to our meeting...so I dipped that in chocolate too. Just thought it would be fun to torture myself. SIGH! So now they are all in the freezer CALLING my name...in case you aren't aware there are 6 more days until Easter. And it can't come a day too soon! And on top of it all I have figured out what I'm bringing to Easter to my in-laws, a peach cobbler...from scratch and I have to quit thinking about it cause it's making me drool. Doesn't that just sound YUMMY!?!


My boys are so creative, today they made Sand Angels...and look how laid back Dru is. He's all about comfort that kid. And by the way the Mariners had their opening day today...and they won their game. GO MARINERS!!! I had more helpers today doing my wedging and weeding. It felt so good I'll be doing more tomorrow...I'm pretty sure my parents are laughing at how much I'm enjoying weeding. Especially when they think back on how much it took to get my brother and I outside to do yard work. Guess my turn will come around.

Lee was so funny...he was all about making sand angels. He also had a profound moment today...not really but he did say something funny and it cracked me up. He and Dru were sitting at their picnic table drinking their Gatorade and eating their pretzels. When all the sudden a hornet comes out of nowhere and Lee kinda freaks out (with good reason, he got stung by one on his eyelid). This photo explains it all on why he's a little funny about hornets being by him, can't say I blame the kid.
Anyway onto the rest of my story. So the hornet kinda follows Lee around and he freaks out a bit and then he tells me after the bee leaves that he'll yell for me when the bee comes back. Thanks Lee. So the bee is gone and he tells me...Mom do you know how to get rid of bees? I said no...how do you get rid of bees? Well next time one comes around I'm going to be real still like an old man...HA! HA! HA! So Lee that's the trick, be really still like an old man and the bee will leave you alone? YUP! That's what you do mom! Okay Lee if you say so. So I want to know how many old men out there get stung and if there's something to that thought.
Well Frank put together our (okay his) lawnmower. We can only hope this one will last longer than our last one, which made it a year. Frank mowed over a rock and it was history from there. He didn't get to try it out today cause there was many things going on today, so he'll get to try it out tomorrow. Secretly I think he's a little excited, it's been so long since he's had his own mower (last year he borrowed one of his brothers) and this mower is what he wanted.
I think this could be the 'other' woman.

Ian is doing well at Tae Kwon Do, although today we (and by we I mean the royal 'we') discovered that Ian is PAINFULLY awkward in this class. He doesn't know is right from his left, he can't balance well if at all, and he just looks goofy! If we weren't sure before we are now, he's related to me! I think we might be on the right track though for helping him with some self control issues and his listening skills.

Okay folks I'm outta here, I need to go to bed so I can look like I'm functioning tomorrow. Cause Lord knows that I don't feel like I am. Have a WONDERFUL day in the sun tomorrow! I know I will!

3 comments:

  1. I'll ask Uncle Brownie if he ever gets stung :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah for weeding. Don't you just love a sand box!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sand boxes have their good days and bad days...depends on my mood and the amount of sand I end up sweeping up.

    ReplyDelete

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...