Friday, June 26, 2009

Finally...An Update...

OK so I've been back for 3 days not and I THINK I might be slowly getting back to normal, whatever that is. This is the first morning I have not felt totally exhausted. We had a really good first family trip/vacation. I did okay flying there but the way back...well that was the longest flight EVER! I got air sick and Lee was annoying the heck outta me. So here is the first part of our trip...the first day really...not even the first day, just the first few hours we started this journey.


So this is where we sat at our gate and the boys just loved looking out the window and seeing what was going on. All the different jobs out there for people to do at the airport.
Frank and Eli before we get on the plane...Eli is so clueless to what this all means...I wonder if he'll remember this at all? Probably not.
Busy! Busy! Busy! You can see the wing of our plane to the left...exciting huh?

The boys LOVED take off, and I made Ian hold my hand on the first take off. Mostly for me...OK just for me. I HATE take off and I was almost in tears, but after the first take off I was good for all the other take offs. Ian wasn't so impressed I made him hold my hand but he did. Thank you Ian! Our flights went well, we had a lay over in LA. And just for future reference...LA is on crack! Those nut jobs had us get off the plane, exit the airport, go to the other side of the airport, recheck in AND go thru security AGAIN! Thank goodness we had 3 hour layover! We had just about an hour left to do potty and food before we got back on the plane. I was SO not impressed!

So got back on the plane and landed in Ohio...but before that I just want people to know we saw some famous people. Yes, folks that right! I saw a famous person...I saw Patrick Dempsey...aka McDreamy from Grey's Anatomy. Frank saw Lisa Loeb...I don't know who she is but apparently she's a one hit wonder type of thing from the 80's. So when you all see me you can touch me and KNOW you know someone who saw a celebrity.

We got our rental car and got on the freeway/highway and the welcoming committee of Ohio stopped us and gave Frank a ticket for speeding. But to be fair, there weren't any signs for speed limit where we were at...they had a minimum limit of 40..but not like a maximum. Thankfully the ticket isn't as much as I imagined. But I will tell you Frank wasn't impressed with the welcoming committee and now Frank has 3 little police officers making sure their daddy doesn't speed so as to not get pulled over by the officers.

3 comments:

  1. Way to go Frank...... He will have to ask Dustin and Carmen about theirs and the wonderful Texas Rangers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your back safe and sound. I hope you had a wonderful time. Kansas City makes you do the same thing as LA. Actually I've never had to do that at LA, did you change airlines?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aunt Sharon we did change airlines, which is why I think they made us leave the airport and go to the other side. Either way, they are nut jobs there! I'll have to remember the Texas Rangers for those two...

    ReplyDelete

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...