Monday, June 1, 2009

A Lovely Bunch of Coconuts

So today my family tried something new. It's always good to try new things, so for at least a year now Ian has been asking me to buy a coconut so we could try the milk in it and eat a piece of it. So the other night while I was grocery shopping I decided to grant Ian's wish. That's right folks...I was someone Fairly Odd Mother, I mean godmother...eh whatever. If you work really hard you can be like me too! Exciting right? I'm now accepting applications for a stunt double...





Anyway, here is the coconut...totally unassuming right??



First we try the scissors to open the hole for the milk to come out of...



When that doesn't do the trick or make the whole big enough, we go for the knife sharpener.


Ahhh...there's the milk coming out. Ian and I are a bit surprised when it's not white but clear. We are a bit thrown off...but we go with it. We are quite excited to try this...gotta be good right. Coconut in candy is good...


That coconut had A LOT of milk in it. Why is this considered milk and not say...juice? And just so everyone knows...this tasted AWFUL!!!!! Ian and I were not impressed! I was expecting something sweet...like in the Mounds bar I guess. I don't know what I was expecting but it certainly wasn't that. YUK!! Guess that's why coconuts are on deserted island..cause castaways are desperate to drink that stuff....*shiver*



So it took several thwacks with the hammer to get the sucker open. This thing advertised easy to open coconut...I'd like to know as opposed to what? One on the islands or in the tree or what?

We checked the inside out...WHITE is what comes to mind.Oh he has a lovely pair of coconuts doesn't he! He's a keeper!Ian didn't really like the coconut and that went for me too. Needed some sugar in my opinion. Do you see a running theme here?And then Lee...who knows with Lee...He's just Lee being Lee.

Next on our list...Pomegranates (although I think we've done that one already), Mango's, Papaya, and Starfruit.

5 comments:

  1. I think you should have made pina' colada's with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that does sound good!!! Frank was so NOT on it! Again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does takes nasty.. My mom would open them when I was a kid and drink it and say it was wonderful. GAG. Pomagranets are delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coconut milk is nasty and I am not sold on the coconut meat either. Makes me shudder but I love pomagranets. Mangos make wonderful salsa. I just read your last post too. Hope your feelings are better. Anyone who would yell out their car window like that are brain impaired anyway. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Grandma Lea! That made me laugh, brain damaged! You are right though!

    ReplyDelete

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...