Tuesday, June 16, 2009

S.0.S

So tonight I had some fun! I went out to the local Martini bar and had some appetizers and well Martini's of course! It was sooo much fun...sadly I had to be the first one to leave. Party pooper every party has one...today it was me! Sigh...Anyway, these ladies I went out with are the ladies I had bible study with every Friday morning. Our last bible study meeting was last Friday and so we decided to go out with out our children and hubbies. So out we went. Have I said yet how much fun I had? I had a Martini called Starry Night, someone had a Grape Knee high..I think we'll nick name her Radar...I also ordered Spinach Artichoke dip...YUMMY! I guess at this bar every Tuesday is Trivia Night...we totally scored coming on a night like that. Well if you play the trivia game you could win $50. So we were game, if we won we all agreed we'd just pay for our tab...a win-win situation. So we played the trivia...the 3 categories were Samuel L. Jackson, Cartoons, and Fast Food. We got a perfect score with the cartoons, no surprise there, we are all mom's. The Fast Food one we did well on too...we missed one question. We'll see if you guys can get it.

What fast food restaurant had rodents that were called Spongie Monkeys in their commercial? I couldn't for the life of me figure this one out and of course when we were told the answer I vaguely remembered it. The Samuel Jackson...we didn't do too bad. Well to make this long story short, we didn't win but we came in second. Which isn't bad, but the funny part was another guy in a group bought our table another round of drinks. He thought for sure he'd beat us so they were our consolation prizes I guess...but it backfired on him cause we beat his table...HA! I do have to say a number of us didn't quite know what to do, I never had anyone buy me a drink like that, we wondered if we were now expected to buy him a drink...lol well I just saw it as we beat him and he took a gamble that he'd win. Well come to find out he's a horse vet and he's been winning every week...not this week...he did ask who we all were and we told him we were a bible study group..minus the bible. He thought perhaps he might want to go to our church and then made the observation that we were probably not Mormon...that made us laugh louder!

All in all it was good even if I had to leave early because of Eli, but I do have to give props to Frank cause he managed to deal with Eli for almost 3 hours...that's a record for them. Frank gave Eli the stink eye though when I came and took him. Those two are funny.

Well I should get going. Tomorrow is the calm before the storm. I need to have everything done tomorrow for us to leave on time Thursday morning. I still have to clean the house, finish some laundry up so the house doesn't stink when we get back, and finish packing everyone and hope I have everything I'll EVER need...and just so you know I'll forget something important...like the Carmin Garmin. To which I'd cry and laugh all at the same time. As a matter of fact I should just write that down on my on going list.....


By the way...we came up with our team name...S.O.S which stands for Sisters of Soul...I was still going for Sexy Sixpack mom's or something like that.

2 comments:

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...