Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Paying it Forward

So today I made half of what I'm going to need to make two meals for 2 families that had babies days apart. Both families welcomed boys into this world and I've seen one and he's handsome and I get to see them both tomorrow...I hope. I hope to be getting a good dose of newborn smell tomorrow. It makes me think about how big Sparky has gotten already...he's already 6 months old and it's going by FASTER than I approved. It was not approved...could have been kid approved though.

Anyway, I am bringing one family a meal called Washugal...don't ask that's just what it was when I was growing up. It's Kielbasa, hash browns, and egg all mixed together (not at the same time...gotta cook the hash browns with the Kielbasa, then add the egg in that mixture and cook until egg is cooked) and then sprinkle with cheese. So I'm making that. I also made this, this is Pumpkin bread...I know it's a bit out of season but sometimes that makes it fun... The bread is quite yummy and I actually got the recipe from one of the new mom's I'm bringing a meal to. These are homemade Blueberry muffins, I will be bringing this to the mom who gave me the Pumpkin bread recipe and the other mom (she's got a bigger family) will get the bread. And in case you were wondering the muffins aren't Costco muffins but they are pretty good. They've been husband approved.

So tomorrow will be busy also making meals and getting them to the families. I'll hopefully be dropping one off after lunch sometime and then I'll drop the other meal off more towards dinner time. I have no idea what I'm making my own family but I got the other families taken care of.
After having Sparky, it was the first time that I/we had people bringing us meals like we had, we had meals for 3 weeks I believe. With any of the other kids, family brought us meals but it didn't last for that long, or they made meals I had set aside to make. I'm so glad God was looking out for me/us cause with all the difficulties I had with Sparky thinking about dinner was something I didn't have to worry about. And if I did it would have been stressful...I shudder to think about it really. So hopefully this will help them like it helped me.
For the most part today was productive, I got some laundry done (not folded but that will come tomorrow...I hope), I weeded, made a trellis for my sugar snap peas (I need to make one for my beans), set my soaker hose up for my roses, watered the rest of my LIVING flowers (I have no idea why the boys haven't killed those ones), I swept and Frank mopped (I LOVE that man!) He also cleaned the bathroom while I ran to the store for hot dog buns for dinner tonight. All I need to do is keep up on it and I should be good...HA! Easier said than done for me.
Well I should get going, Dru is up screaming and having a fit cause I won't let him have anything to drink until tomorrow morning with breakfast. It has to do with potty training...long story. And Eli is laying on the floor being gross like boys are and talking to me, telling me he doesn't want to be on the floor, he'd rather be in my arms...not sleeping. Of course. So off I go.

4 comments:

  1. It feels wonderful to pay it forward. It sounds like you had a busy day. I wish I had blueberry muffins hmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol oh sure make me feel bad! I could freeze some and TRY to remember to bring them to you the next time I see you... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having people bring you food is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It helped us out so much to have 3 weeks of meals! I'm so thankful that we had that and that I'm not able to make for others that made for me.

    ReplyDelete

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...