Thursday, October 15, 2009

Music

This picture I took back in May of this year...it really speaks to me right now. All the thorns and a rose bud manages to push through all that.

I really enjoy music and all kinds of it. At different times in my life and through different people in my life I have been introduced to an eclectic variety. I like rock, country, oldies, jazz, classical, hip hop,...country. I always come back to country though. My most favorite country artist is Garth Brooks...sigh...his concert was the best concert I have ever been too. He is quite the performer...I was 7 rows away from him...OK I'm now wiping the drool from the corners of my mouth now.


Well back to what I was talking about...music. Music has always been there for me and I can always find some song that I can relate to my life...and there have been many...many of them.


This song is from a country group called Lady Antebellum and the song is called I Run To You.

Mostly the chorus speaks to me and the last 3 weeks of my life...except I don't know who I'm running to...just running.


I Run To You


I run from hate

I run from prejudice

I run from pessimists

But I run too late

I run my life

Or is it running me

Run from my past

I run too fast

Or too slow it seems

When lies become the truth

That’s when I run to you


Chorus

This world keeps spinning faster

Into a new disaster so I run to you

I run to you baby

And when it all starts coming undone

Baby you’re the only one I run to

I run to you


We run on fumes

Your life and mine

Like the sands of time

Slippin’ right on through

And our love’s the only truth

That’s why I run to you

3 comments:

  1. I can probably find/think of a song for each big event in my life. Music sooths my soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful song! Garth..nooooo...love his music can't stand him. I'm glad you love all kinds of music, I sort of do. can't do jazz or rap and the "old standards" are fun to read but listening to them makes me nod off :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooths my soul...that's a GREAT description!! Auntie there are just some music out there that are great to help you get to sleep...

    ReplyDelete

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...