Thursday, October 29, 2009

Wedding Song

I'm not TOO sappy of a person but as I have said before music speaks to the very depths of my soul, and I think too for Frank. Although maybe not as much as it used too...but I could be wrong.

When we were dating Frank had a song for me, called Fade Into You~Mazzy Star, and I had Amazed~ Lonesome Star, for him. Many songs through out the years have spoke to both of us (I think Frank has done the updated version of love songs and such on a cassette to a CD of such songs for me. I think he stills has the cassette I did for him stashed somewhere!) (I might puke this is so mushy)! We don't do mushy too much...we don't even really like PDA...sometimes we hold hands...not much though...

But the one we got married to was a song called I Will Be There~Steven Curtis Chapman. I LOVE the words...


I Will Be There
Tomorrow morning if you wake up
and the sun does not appear,
I will be here.
If in the dark we lose sight of love
Hold my hand and have no fear,
'Cause I will be here
Chorus:
I will be here when you feel like being quiet;
When you need to speak your mind, I will listen.
And I will be here when laughter turns to crying;
Through the winning, losing, and trying, we'll be together,
'Cause I will be here.
Tomorrow morning if you wake up
And the future is unclear,
I will be here.
As sure as seasons are made for change,
Our lifetimes are made for years,
So I will be here.
Chorus:
I will be here, so you can cry on my shoulder;
When the mirror tells us we're older, I will hold you.
I will be here to watch you grow in beauty,
And tell you all the things you are to me
I will be here.
I will be true to the promise I have made,
To you and to the One who gave you to me.
As sure as seasons are made for change,
Our lifetimes are made for years,
So I, I will be here.
We'll be together and I will be here.
So that was just a sappy moment from me...I was trying to remember the name of the song and the artist and had to call Frank...he's now teased me about that...I can remember the important things like my birthday or Mother's Day...but the actual day of our anniversary I have to sit and think about it...my life's curse I suppose.

4 comments:

  1. I wish I had a dollar for all the things I've forgotten. It would really help right now. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uncle Brownie and I hold hands all the time! or maybe he's just holding me up :)

    I love the words to You Lift Me Up. But not the shortened version Josh Groban sings, althought that's beautiful. He doesn't sing what I think is the pretty's verse. Selah sings it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aunti I'll have to look up that song...I would say that you both are holding each other up by holding hands ;). Nikki...you and I would be so rich and living on top of the world for all the things we've forgotten!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anita you have had those other dates your whole life...your anniversary is still new I suppose! And wow if I had a dollar...since most of my memmory was knocked clean out of my head I would have enough to share with both of you!

    ReplyDelete

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...