Monday, October 26, 2009

Words of Wisdom

"If you want to remember something you have to do it OVER 20 times, scientist say..."

~Words of Wisdom provided by
~Ian Alan Paulson


Frank and Ian were driving to practice and Ian told his daddy this out of the blue. It just cracked me up!


For the anniversary gig, I am looking at doing The Seattle Underground Tour...I have been, but it was AGES ago, somewhere between 6Th-8Th grade. Frank has never been. I had a great time doing the tour, it was a lot of fun. Then, since we are in Seattle we are going to try and go out to eat somewhere in Seattle...I am tossing around The Cheesecake Factory, The Old Spaghetti Factory, Ivar's (the really nice one on the water)...this all really depends on if we have money. If not my back up plan is dinner made at home a la' me and rent a movie or whatever...play some Wii games or something...

Ian is at his last Monday night game, so I hope he has fun. Secretly there are a lot of us parents hoping that this week will be the last week of football...this weekend is the playoff games...if they lose no more football...if they win...well.... I think we are all ready to have football be over and done with, we'll see how Ian feels when the flier comes home again in March. Ian has improved SO much I am so proud of him. He really is picking the game up and even though he'll tell you he's ready for it to be over, he really has enjoyed himself, well the latter part of it anyway. I think he's ready for basketball...we'll see about that.

Lots of sick people around these parts lately...hoping those people get well!

And speaking of sick...this really has nothing to do with it, but last night I served homemade Sweet and Sour Chicken...homemade sauce the whole bit. My kids turned their noses up at it (went over like a fart in church) and fussed and whined about having a PB&J sandwich...Which I DON'T do that...well I take that back...there are very RARE situations in which I do let them make something different. Like if it's something that makes them gag. We all have food we just will NOT eat...(the kids don't know that's what I go by...and they haven't figured it out yet) This meal was not one of those meals. So last night was 'fun'. Tonight I serve leftovers...Lee and Ian both beg for a sandwich...and I said no, that wasn't on the list of options. So I tell him he can have some chicken and dip it in ketchup (he also asked for mustard...SICKO!) Anyway, he finally agrees to this meal...2 1/2 FULL chicken breast later!!!! This kid is a garbage disposal and a scary one at that!! Almost 3 chicken breast!!! Then he complains that his tummy hurts and I say well quit eating..that's your body saying ENOUGH! So he shoves another bite in his mouth and I looked at him and he said: 'Mom, my tummy said ONE more bite'. *shaking my head*


This kid...I tell you...lives his life to the beat of a different drum!

Good night one and all! I'm off to forget myself in a book...(more on that to come)

3 comments:

  1. I always loved the end of ball season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ian said it was SO cold last night!!! Many parents were not happy to be there last night...it was COLD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man you CELEBRATE anniversaries! Have fun~

    ReplyDelete

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...