Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The 787

As some of you might know today was the first test flight of Boeing's 787. Kind of a big deal around here with the unveiling and test flight of a new airplane around here in WA. In 2007 Frank got to go to the unveiling of the 787 and Ian got to go with his dad. Oh how he was excited and now every time he sees that airplane he gets all atwitter about it. Ian really got to experience a once in a lifetime thing. I don't think he knows that just yet but I think someday he will, he remembers it all.

Here is Ian in the bus that shuttled them the hanger where the unveiling was suppose to be. Ian was SO excited to be going.Frank and Ian on their way to the seating area.The unveiling!!!! Frank and Ian in the front of the new airplane! Well you can read what it says...Dream linerSo those pictures are from June of 2007, flash forward to December 2009. This is a picture of the airplane taking it's first test flight. It was cut short today because of the clouds...so weather related. I will be honest with you, I was the turd in the punch bowl because Frank reminded me this morning to watch the take off and I blanked on it. He was disappointed that I didn't watch it. Frank worked on the material the plane is made out of...some composit material. I felt so bad that I forgot. Thankfully he wasn't terribly upset with me but I still feel bad. It's like he said...it is helping pay for all the things we have..created his job. BAD wife! Sigh...I'll shoot for GOOD wife tomorrow! It's a whole new day then.

We thought Frank might have his 15 minutes of fame on TV tonight but it wasn't so. While he was out at the Boeing airfield to watch the 787 land he was interviewed by KOMO 4...they asked who he was and how to spell his name...but sadly we never did see him on TV. It wasn't meant to be...I think it would have been cool, Frank on the other hand wasn't so sure about it.

So that's what happened today...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...