Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Meet Charlie

Today Dru and I went to the Humane Society and looked to see what doggies were for sale in the little window. We looked at few...Twix, Stevie, Charlie, Bessie...and we decided on this little fella. This is Charlie. Charlie, we are told, is a Jack Russel Terrier mixed with something. He's a year and half old. So far, I realize it's only been the first day and not even a full day, he's done really well. He's not barked at anyone once (he did bark but I think he started snoring and woke himself up and he barked), he's not nipped at anyone...he's in HOG heaven with the kids and the food they leave for him on the floor cause they are slobs (besides Eli). He has some manners and I hope to build on that with a class that is being offered us..and by us I mean the whole family. Only problem is, the classes are in Bellevue..but I think we found a class starting next year and I'm pretty excited about that. Charlie is already crate trained they say, he has done EXCELLENT with the boys (a HUGE plus). He is also already house trained, although he does piddle when he gets excited. They had a name for it but it escapes me and it wasn't a deal breaker...who doesn't get all excited from time to time?

Charlie is doing so well I just really am shocked and I keep waiting for it to wear off...maybe tomorrow? So there you have it. Our newest member of the family that Ian has absolutely fallen head over heals over (wonder how long that will take to wear off?).

I'm sure there will be an update tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...