Thursday, December 17, 2009

Big To Do's

Busy day yesterday and lots going on lately. When we got Charlie, I noticed his nails probably needed to be cut. I'm not familiar with how long they should be and how to cut them. So yesterday I needed someone to show me how to do it, so I went to a groomer in town and she did it for me. I didn't bother to watch or see how to do it because she only charges $3...for that amount of money, I'll just go to her when I need it done. So we went and got his nails clipped and he got all dressed up with a nice little Christmas bow. Isn't he just so handsome? I love the little bow...I'm that dog owner. IF I could have found a little Christmas outfit for him at Walmart when I was there last he'd be wearing it and having his picture taken. We also went to the Post Office and mailed off our letters to Santa. Ian and Lee both wrote theirs and I helped Dru write his. Dru also colored Santa a picture. Well really the picture was a bunch of squiggly lines and one BIG circle, his version of writing a letter. He was so funny! Now the boys can't wait for Santa to write them back! One perk I LOVE about living in a small town is that the Post Office workers or someone (maybe this happens in all towns I don't know), writes the kids a letter back and also sends them a coloring page! They LOVE it and I've kept them all. There will come a time when they won't write anymore...how sad! We were so busy yesterday that the littlest elf fell asleep at dinner. With his jelly sandwich in hand and some in his mouth and sugar plums dancing in his head. He was tuckered out, refused to lay down for any amount of time for his mid-afternoon nap or early evening, however you look at it, because I'm sure he thought he was going to miss something with his brothers and cousins. So the high chair seemed the logical place to sleep...still in the thick of it all. I love this chair...if he does fall asleep I can lay the back down and then he's a bit more comfortable...his own Lazy boy...cracks me up. It's also on wheels so I can move him around the room or out of my way while he's sleeping.

Well that was part of our day. With only 9 more days left until Christmas I'm positive our days will get busier...some I do to myself and others it seems are out of my hands. So here we go...are you guys ready?

3 comments:

  1. Oh Charlie DID need the whole Santa suit but I must say the bow is very dignified :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Auntie I thought so too...just enough and not too much.

    ReplyDelete

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...