Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Southern Style

This story starts out at the Walmart store with Dru and Lee. I was grocery shopping and we were in the frozen food section and Lee wanted me to buy a box of corn dogs. I debated about it and looked at the quantity and price...and decided I could make the corn dogs for cheaper. I also remember as a child that we used to have homemade corn dogs from time to time.

So here is my endeavour to full fill Lee's hunger. They turned out really good and I might make them again someday. I just really don't like the smell of cooked oil in the house...smells too much like working at the Arches. These are the corn dogs.I figured since I was dealing with the oil and making corn dogs I might as well make some hush puppies...these are them cooking. They were very good dipped in a mixture of honey and mustard, or just honey. Either way...very good and I ate way too many...again. The finished product. They are bigger than I remembered them. For some reason I remember them being smaller...oh well. They did the job.

Well that was my endeavour today and it turned out well. Frank thought everything tasted good and that's what counts in the end right?

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad they were good and you didn't burn your house up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...can you imagine what I'd have to live down if I burned the house down!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I call hush puppies "Hockey Pucks" :) I'm sure your's were good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Auntie they were good but not like I remembered them as a kid...certainly didn't melt in my mouth, but good none the less.

    ReplyDelete

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...