Sunday, December 13, 2009

Gingerbread House

Every year Oma and Grandpa make a gingerbread house for my boys to decorate. This year the kids just needed Grandpa to ice the house and then the boys applied the candy. And when I say applied...I really mean they put as much candy on the house and the tray they could get away with, so that later they could eat that much. Eventually they are going to have to have one kid do one side, then the next kid will have his turn...you get the idea.This was one side that wasn't quite done yet...still a work in progress.The chimney needed snowman on it...and I personally enjoy the tree PEEPS on the side of the house...when we got home I allowed the kids to eat 3 pieces of candy...So Dru promptly picked a snowman and two trees. What cracked me up was that Ian and Lee pick 3 little pieces and Dru goes for the gold and picks 3 big ones...where were Ian and Lee on that one? A view of the trees on the roof...along with the fish...just one random fish...that was Lee's contribution.This side was Dru's...he put as many peanut M&M's as he could on his wall...

After making their house it was playtime with Oma and Grandpa. Dru was being silly with Oma...they were cracking each other up. Eli was so funny! He just made himself right at home in the Lego box. He was enjoying himself.All in all my boys had a good time making their yearly house with their grandparents. It was fun going there. They always look forward to it and it's a good tradition during the holidays. I hope everyone is having a good Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Eli always gets the good spots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't he though! I just thought it was a plus he didn't scream at them for hours this time around!

    ReplyDelete

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...