Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Considering

A lot has been going on lately...broken computer and then fixed computer. OK mostly just that has been going on but we also have been considering/thinking about getting a family pet...again.
It's been 3 years since our last stint with pets and I think the kids are that much older and I don't have a newborn baby. THAT makes all the difference in the world. And my stipulations are that it has to be a small dog (mostly so I can just pick it up and move it, well that and small dogs don't eat much and don't poop big stuff). Anyway, we stumbled across this breed, Boston Terrier dogs. We have found one and I think we decided we'll be calling on the dog to adopt it from a shelter...possibly. I'm still a little worried...mostly about fleas. I DON'T do bugs and I especially don't do two kinds of them...fleas and lice. SHIVER! Last pets we had we had to give them away because the kids were allergic to them and I bathed the 2 cats and dog 4 times a week and we STILL had flea problems, along with bombing the house we STILL had problems. TWO MONTHS later we finally got rid of the fleas. Nothing will get me screaming from my house faster than finding a flea on my 3 month old baby (well that's how old Dru was when we got the pets).
I DON'T DO BUGS!

So that's where we are for now...we'll see what our research gets us.

2 comments:

  1. I would seriously rethink this Anita. They do get fleas and Boston Terriors are very hyper, you better be prepared. This is from some one who LOVES dogs and deals with the fleas and the hyperness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well all dogs get fleas...it's just a matter of keeping rid of them...and we were gonna go with an older one not a pup...but we went something different. :)

    ReplyDelete

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...