Friday, December 11, 2009

Caroling

As I was driving home yesterday from Wally's I was trying to sing along to a Christmas song I like. While I was trying to singing I was thinking I wish they would just leave the songs well enough alone and sing them like they were meant to sing. Mostly so I could sing with them...let's face it I'm no Bette Midler...although I'd like to think I could give the woman a run for her money while I'm singing in the shower. But lucky for me I live with my own Simon and Frank would be quick to remind me that maybe I should just stick to my day job.

Anyway, all this to say or ask...what are your favorite Christmas songs? I was thinking about mine and this is what I have come up with thus far:

What Child Is This
Hark the Herald
Christmas Eve at Sarajevo~Trans Siberian Orchestra---really their whole concert is a fave

I can't think of the name of the song, but in the chorus it has 'fall on your knees...oh hear the angels voices...o night o night O night divine...'


So that's what I have come up with so far...

What are your favorite Christmas songs?

3 comments:

  1. It's "Oh Holy Night" and it's my most favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Holy Night -
    anything by Mannheim Steamroller

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Trans Siberian Orchestra! And I can't think of my favorites because all that comes to mind right now is Xzavior's version of "We wish you a Merry Christmas" it's to good for words...I wish I had a video camera!
    ~Christmas Shoes(he sings this too) makes me cry...

    ReplyDelete

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...