Monday, May 25, 2009

Nature Walk

So yesterday Eli and I went for a walk outside and looked at the flowers and plants. Here is what we saw...in no particular.

This one of my Lilac trees in the backyard...it's huge, well to me it is anyway.
Up close of the lovely smelling flowers...just drink that smell in...smell-o-vision thru the computer...ha! These are my Sugar Snap Peas...just a portion of them....I'm so excited!
This is the container the peas are in...

I have strawberry plants...I have one strawberry that's ALMOST ready to be picked and EATEN! Now what are the odds that it will last long enough for me to pick it before the boys pick it? I'm thinking not good!
My beans....they are looking VERY sad...but if you look very closely towards the right side you'll see the dirt is cracking...like an earth quake moved it...I'm betting those are bean shoots! I can only hope...
I know it's a bit blurry but the little green things are my cucumber shoots...I can't believe in the matter of like a night (there was NOTHING the night before and then we came on our walk and there was STUFF!!)
Here is my hanging tomato plant...or the lack there of...the poor things are dead. Sadly I have to wait until Frank can get that down for me cause even on a chair I can't reach that and once it's filled with dirt I can't lift it cause it's heavy...so there it sits..pathetic I know.
My first rose of the summer...sadly I have bugs...little green, nasty, icky bugs...AGAIN! If I thought they were bad last summer...I think they are worse already. Last year I cut them all way back thinking that would help....it didn't. So I need to break down and buy something to help the roses..I have 7 rose bushes...it's not going away. Where are all the Ladybugs to eat these little buggers?
Ahhh... this is the little patch the boys and I planted the sunflowers...we planted them outside Ian and Lee's bedroom window. I thought it would be fun for them to be able to look out and enjoy them and watch them grow.
And watch them we will! Just a few of the ones coming up.This is my red Gerber Daisy...which I love how vibrant the color is. Does anyone else think that this looks like a face? Two eyes that are bug eyed and a mouth...right!?! You see it right?
Isn't this cool? I think it is.
Up close...just pretty.
Here is the fella of the hour...for all intents and purposes he had a good time...for like half a second.
You see him with his mouth open..what he's been doing lately is moving his mouth like he's talking...after I took this pic...he started 'screaming' at me that he didn't like sitting in the grass thank you very much!! But I'll have you know that him moving his mouth like he's talking is HYSTERICAL! This is my yellow Gerber Daisy...

Hope all had a good Memorial weekend!

2 comments:

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...