Friday, May 29, 2009

Little Things

It's the little things that make me smile...

The Little Things...Today I was invited to come see a new little baby...He was only hours old..still 'wet' as a friend would say. He is so small and beautiful! Handsome boy! And his momma was wonder woman! For a first baby her labor wasn't long like for most first time momma's! I'm so excited for my friends! To finally have their baby in their arms...what a relief...I can just remember how that feels! So congrats to them!

The little things...I was able to get some clothes folded and forgot to put some of them away...while I was out Frank put them away for me. He didn't just put them somewhere else or stack them somewhere he put them away! THANK YOU!!

Little things...the kitchen garbage was taken out for me. Dinner was made by Frank today and not me.

Little things...the way my husband still looks at me and still makes my heart beat a wee bit faster.

Little things...when we ask for sun...we GET sun! It hit 91' here today! (of course I was in my air conditioning house but that's neither here or there)

Little things...I LOVE watching my nephew Austin play his T-ball games and going to cheer him on and watching my boys being some of his biggest and loudest cheer leaders!

Little things...that the Lord has saw fit, thus fa,r to keep my cousin's baby in the safest and best place for her...in the womb. My cousin is SO close to having this baby in her arms she can TASTE it! On Monday she will be 30 weeks! This is the longest she's been pregnant! This baby is FROM God and many of us couldn't be more excited for the baby and her parents!

Little things...that Dru likes to tell me he loves me in sign language!

Little things...Eli FINALLY took an afternoon nap in HIS crib and not in my arms! It has taken all week for him to do this.

Little things...Ian is getting older and I love that he's that much more self sufficient and willing to help more.

Little things...that Lee has a stubborn streak a mile wide...and hopefully this will be something Frank and I cultivate into a wonderful attribute when he's older!

Little things...that we are able to go to Ohio for a wedding and a small family reunion!

Take care everyone!

3 comments:

  1. I love that "little thing" that I was directed to your blog because you make me smile :)Thank you (sometimes you make me laugh till I fall on the floor!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It IS the little things. It was a good day at your house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I can make people laugh! So many people do that for me...I don't know where I'd be with out laughter in my life! It was a good day yesterday...This is how good Nikki...I let the boys stay up until 9:30 last night! (Dru put himself to bed at 8:30)

    ReplyDelete

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...