Sunday, May 10, 2009

Pop a Top Again

*Guess what song that the title is from...no prize..just the satisfaction of knowing you know and the rest of know you know.

So on Saturday I FINALLY got to do something I have been waiting a LONG time to do! I learned how to make jam/jelly ( I have a hard time remembering which one is which...). Anyway, last fall, before Eli was born, I cut and pitted a lot of Italian Prunes (which are a fancy way of saying plum) and froze them. Now I do make Plum bread with those plums and it's good. It's a dense bread so you can't eat much but it's a nice treat. But you can only eat so much bread you know? Anyway, a friend said I should freeze them and she would show me how to make jam. And that someday was on Saturday. And it's so easy!! I have many ambitions now that I know how. And it was so gratifying to hear those jars pop when they were done. Like it was saying 'Job well done'. So there they are, the product of our labor...2 double batches of Plum jelly and one batch of Blackberry. And I tasted them both and they are yummy!

We had a late night doing our jam and eating and all the things the kids did with Uncle Carmen. This guy, Dru, had a ROUGH day at Auntie's house! He went potty in his pants several times, and he's just been whiny ever since he started training. Almost like doing this is too much but he won't go back to diapers or anything. Which is fine, but it's like he's stressed out or something. Who knows but I'm pretty sure my ears were gonna bleed yesterday from all the whining that kid did. But he finally crashed...and when he went...he went! Thank goodness! All the boys actually fell asleep for the drive home...it was nice just singing alone and not have to sing over the boys yapping at me or each other or crying over something.I forgot to take a picture of Eli in his shirt he got from the Dinosaur show we saw. We spent his money for him and bought something that will last a little longer than some crappy $15 light up toy. Which of course is what the other 3 bought with their money. I hate spending that kind of money on crappy toys...they've not played with them since the day we bought them. You know why? Because they keep hitting each other with them and someone always gets hurt. Probably for the same reason Lee's light saber toy he got for his birthday is in one of my drawers. He's since forgotten he even has it. But seriously!?! Who buys just ONE saber in a house full of boys..that's a weapon with no defense from it...NO THANK YOU! Sometimes I think people hate me with the toys they buy, but that's just a personal opinion, not the general opinion.


Front of the t-shirt Eli got.The back of his shirt...those are all the places the show had gone in 3 years.
Mother's Day was nice. Ian and Lee have been so excited about the day cause they made things at school. Lee has such a hard time keeping secrets and surprises. He wants you to enjoy them NOW and tell you everything now. He did good though and managed to wait until today to give me my gifts. In preschool they made plates and so I got plate to eat off of. Which I used today. He was so proud of himself. I also got a purple Pansie (I think that's the flower). Ian made a cute little bag at school that had 'breakfast' in bed...it had a fruit bar and a bag of tea in it with a cute poem. He also made a card and wrote in it. Here's what it said:

Okay never mind I won't tell you what it said cause for some reason people can't stop touching my stuff. I can't find it right now. Sorry! Well either way it was all very sweet and nice. And I LOVED hearing Dru tell me Happy Mother's Day over and over again. It was so sweet. Ian, Lee, and I went to church today and then after that we all went to visit Frank's mother for Mother's Day for a bit. After that we came home and cooked some pizza and I made some brownies (like I needed that but it was a special day right?). The boys watched a movie in the back room (BIG MISTAKE!) and Frank and I watched some of our shows. All in all it was an OK day...just another day.

Tomorrow is Monday and so the week begins. We are hoping to buy our tickets for our trip this week so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it all works out. We'll know by Wed the soonest. It will be fun and with us all going it will be LOTS of fun. OK, have a good Monday people...as much of one as you can on a Monday.

5 comments:

  1. First Dinasaur socks now Dinasaur shirt!????? I'm jealous~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pop a Top Again was a 1960 Jim Ed Brown song, you'r WAY to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pop a Top Again was Jim Ed Brown from the 1960's you are way too young!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anita we made jam, not jelly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay Auntie you are probably right on the young part...but I was thinking Alan Jackson..he must have remade the song...Isn't Eli cute wearing that shirt!

    ReplyDelete

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...