Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Calm Before the Storm

So today is like the title of my post. And if I were really really smart I'd get on things and make thing easier for myself. But why do that? Silly fool!

Anyway, tomorrow is Lee's graduation from Preschool, which doesn't seem all that hectic really until I tell you that on Thurs. Ian and Lee and Dru will all be going to their grandparents house and going with them for an extended weekend of camping. Frank and I will be staying here in town because Frank has surgery on Thurs. We'll be dropping the boys off on our way to that appointment. Oh so fun! So that means Frank and I need to get the boys all ready for camping. So my job is to pack for 3 boys and to make sure that frank has pulled all the big things out for them to camp. Things like sleeping bags, life jackets, chairs, bikes and helmets..those sorts of things. I will stress out about making sure I have enough clean clothes to pack for them. Then I'll worry about whether or not I've packed enough warm clothes for them. Wenatchee gets cold at night, but they will be in the trailer with their grandparents...these are the things I hate about camping. I always worry about the kids being warm enough. Then on the other side of that, my boys will be gone from me for 5 days and 4 nights...the longest they have been away from me ever...and especially Dru. Now this was my idea to have them go with their grandparents...doesn't mean I really relish the thought. Course it's kinda nice to think they'll be gone for that long...means it's just Frank, myself and Eli. Imagine the possibilities!?!

Well Frank isn't going to be much fun I'm guessing but stranger things have happened. I'm not going to hold my breath. I'm a little nervous about his surgery and I don't think he's nervous enough. So, because of the camping I am going to need to cut this post a little short and get going. Eli is finally asleep and that means I can fold some clothes and pull out the luggage and take care of that...I'm excited for the graduation tomorrow. I'm sure I'll have pictures to post.

I'll get that picture of the tomatoes for you tomorrow Auntie...or later tonight who knows.

Also I posted a video of Dru talking about his adventure with his dad to see Elmo at the Tacoma Dome. I LOVE how he says Tacoma Dome...and he talks about this all day every day...It made quite the impression on him.

OK well have a good day and enjoy the video.

3 comments:

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...