Thursday, May 7, 2009

Big Brother

Today had me giggling a bit while I was cooking dinner. Lately I have been letting Ian make his own lunch which he has been relishing. He LOVES making his own lunch and it is like a promotion of sorts for him and me I guess. It says that I think he's big enough and responsible enough to start making his own lunch (with a small amount of supervision of course). And he's been loving it! So today was not any different. While I was cooking dinner I had Ian make his lunch. He decided to make it a 'teaching' moment for showing his brothers the steps it took to make your own lunch. He cracked Frank and I up cause he said they needed to remember and study this. And Ian's brothers were EATING this up! Anything to help Ian out...it was a moment and I RELISHED it! These are the moments I live for...they are getting along, being helpful, they are brothers and friends...a glimmer of what the future looks like. It was a beautiful thang! They were making us ill though, all of them kept sneaking tastes of the Mayo when they thought we weren't looking. I finally had to put a stop to that. I like mayo and all but not by itself. This is one of my other favorite things to see. Ian reading to his little brothers. I don't know why I like this but I do. And the more confident that Ian gets in reading the more he's willing to read to his brothers. I can't wait for the world of books to open up to him cause when it does I don't think he'll look back. I want him to know that books are good friends that you can go to time and again...you keep returning to them.
Take care everyone! Have a good Friday! It's suppose to be nice and I think we are going to try and make a t-ball game tomorrow! It should be fun.

3 comments:

  1. Your a good Mama.. Happy Mother's Day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having the big boys read to the little ones is great practice! Boys, please don't lick the mayo that makes me gag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Auntie Sharon...I hope you and Nikki and all the other mom's I know have a wonderful Mother's Day! Have a weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...