Thursday, May 21, 2009

Surgery

So this was Frank last time he had surgery, December 2008. I decided to not photo him this time, to spare him. I do have to say he looks WAY better this time around as opposed to this picture. And this picture was only minutes after his surgery.
Frank did really well and is now at home trying to recover. So far so good and with the kids away for 5 days I think that will give him a decent head start to healing. Meaning he won't have to worry for that long about a kid racking him. And honestly I don't want to see that again, especially after a surgery like that. I don't have a part like that and it's all I can do to not squeeze my legs CLOSED! Right now he's in bed watching TV, taking some medicine and trying to get comfortable. I hope he gets comfortable soon but not sure how he's going to manage that.

The kids got to Wenatchee with their grandparents in one piece. Dru is doing good so far with the potty training and has piped up and let his grandparents know he has to go potty. Ian is being a very good big brother and asking Dru several times if he has to pee and he also offers to take Dru to the bathroom where they are camping. Ian has also taken it upon himself to 'help' by asking his grandmother if he can call me and then promptly tattling on Lee. Poor Lee, he's got no chance sometimes. Lee went to use the bathroom at the campground with out letting grandma or grandpa know where he was going. And Ian was letting me know. I think secretly hoping Lee would get in to trouble again. I just told Ian it was fine and I'm sure grandma and grandpa took care of it. And they did, he had a time out and all is well. But I really wanted to talk to Lee and make sure he was OK but because Ian took it upon himself to tattle Lee didn't want to talk to any of us. I'm sure it's because he thought he'd get in trouble again. I wouldn't have said anything but I just wanted to make sure he was OK. We'd heard from Dru and Ian, I just really needed to hear Lee's. I'm hoping for tomorrow that he'll talk to me.

Well it sounds like I should get going cause it sounds like Eli is waking up. With everything that went on today he's a little off sleep wise. No biggie though. Take care and enjoy the lovely weather we are having!

p.s. Auntie my tomato plants are dead...the stems have shriveled and gotten crunchy...I'll have to try again.

2 comments:

  1. OOOOOOO poor tomatoes.. You do have to water ya know :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol I know you have to water, but it doesn't help that I think we jostled the plants too much. I put them in there with fertilizer and then watered until the water came pouring out and then stopped...I'll have to try again! With better outcome! I heard Jimmy's graduation was a hit!

    ReplyDelete

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...