Sunday, May 17, 2009

H-O-T

Nothing says summer time is coming like a bunch of Washingtonians who are pastie white wearing shorts...myself included!

I couldn't help it. I was at Target today getting some thing for my trip to Ohio and all I saw were blaring WHITE legs and arms. And that thought of it's summer time in Washington, you can tell, cause we are all extremely white...it cracked me up. People like to stand next to me cause I make them look dark. There are two colors for me...white and then red...nothing in between. I'd love to just get darker the more I'm outside...but no such luck for me.

So I didn't do much this weekend. Just spent some time working outside and planting things. I went to Lowes (so not a fan of this store) cause we had a gift card there. So I picked up some strawberry starts, Gerber Daisey's (which are beautiful by the way) and some Petunias (I think) that are viney (if that makes any sense). So I got those planted today, I just hope that the strawberries don't die. Speaking of plants and dying...I bought 2 tomato plants to put in my Topsy Turvey planter (Lee really wanted this and sadly I'm a sucker for gadgets as much as he is). Anyway, Frank helped me with the 'transplanting' into this upside down hanging basket and I think that we pretty much killed the 2 plants. I'll give it awhile to see if they might come back but I'm not holding my breath. I know NOTHING about tomato plants but I think they are a 'sensitive' plant so to speak. And if you mess with them too much they let you know it. I should take a picture to show how sad they look.

Anyway, I hope something will grow...anything would be great. Well I hope everyone had a good weekend, cause tomorrow it's back to our 'other' jobs.

2 comments:

  1. It's 70 degree's and Washington whips out the shorts :) A state full of "Casper"!

    UB grew a wonderful upside down tomato ..send me a pic I'll tell you if I think it's dead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok Auntie I will post a picture. I never thought of Casper that's funny!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...