Friday, July 31, 2009

Angels

Blue Angels that is. So for as close as we were this is still...well a bad picture. But it is what it is. You can see the outline and get the jist (is that word even spelled right?). On Thursday we went to see the Blue Angels take off from the Boeing Airport, right next to the Museum of Flight. There were some very excited little boys. Seeing airplanes and also being so very close to daddy's work!! Frank works right across the street from the Museum of Flight. So we met him there and we all watched the planes take off. You always remember how loud the jets are and then you REALLY remember how loud they are. It's so exciting! And I LOVE the feeling of my body when they take off, like my insides are getting scrambled up. I'm weird...I know that. We didn't get to see Fat Albert take off but someday we'll stay long enough to see that. By the time we left I was hot and sweating...I'd seen enough.The gang! Two of the kids there are friends that came along for the fun (obviously...just to make things clear as mud for ya).In the car on the way back home after seeing the Angels take off and seeing them fly above us while we working our way out the parking lot. It was a lot of fun. Something free to do, all we needed was gas (for the car that is). Well I"m taking off for a retreat in the late afternoon today until late afternoon Saturday. I am going on what could be a fun retreat for a mommy group I'm in. I'm on what they call steering and I'm a group leader so we all go off together and go over things before the mommy group starts all over again when school starts. I'm leaving all the boys, even Sparky, with their daddy for a night. I'm a little worried about Sparky but he's with his dad so they both will be fine. Probably worse for the wear by the time I get back but I have faith they will survive. (The song 'I Will Survive' popped into my head...sing with me now..dance if you must!) Frank will also be taking Ian to his first football practice Saturday morning and will be needing to get all of them ready to go and Ian in gear for a 2 hour practice. I wish him luck! Should be a good story none the less. So here's to leaving my Sparky and praying and knowing things will be OK.
Right!?!

2 comments:

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...