Thursday, July 16, 2009

Living La Vida Loca

Or something like that! (I forget what that even means). I have no idea where that came from but it came to me and I'm going with it.

We all went to the Enumclaw Fair today and had SO much fun! Some things were hard, like the rides, but that was out of our control. Confusing rules and how tall you must be for the line....oh well. So in no particular order here are our pictures.

So after much crying, I finally convinced Dru to do this ride after he tried to go up the big slide with his big brothers was kaboshed. He wasn't tall enough to go up the big slide...you know the one where you sit on the carpet and go down...that one. We literally walked off the little roller coaster which he was tall enough to go on and walked next door (so to speak) to go on the slide where he wasn't tall enough. BIG TEARS! I was ticked!! But in the end he was OK with this. There is Ian and Dru on the coaster and then Lee behind them...if I had to guess I'd place money that this was the best ride of the day for them.
This was our treat we all agreed on (thank goodness my kids like treats like this as much as I do), we chose an Elephant Ear...YUM! I would have liked more treats but I'm telling you it's highway robbery at these things...I wanted a funnel cake, real lemonade, chocolate covered strawberries, funnel cake, and scones...I'm really there for the treats not the food. I could do without the food...nothing special there.
Dru's first ride of the day, on the canoe ride. He wasn't impressed and for some reason I really like this ride...as far as I know I've never ridden it. I think I just like it cause inevitable it's hot when we do a fair thing and this ride has water. I can cool off and so can they when I flick water on them.
Ian and Lee chose to go on the roller coaster together, I think their faces say it all.
He sacked O-U-T! And it was nice, he slept for the most part of our outing at the fair. When he woke up it was time to go home. He was hungry, it was hot, and Dru was in the process of having a meltdown, it was time to G-O!
Typical mom...BOYS! Turn around and wave at mom! So they obliged. Thanks boys!
He's so darn cute! Just want to pinch his little cheeks! He's so much fun now and easier to deal with, as opposed to when he was newborn...not that he wasn't a joy before but he really is my all...(so are the others). I can tell you the first day he relaxed and I relaxed and we 'melded'. It was Christmas day and on that day he acted like a new a baby to act. It was short lived and he was back to what his normal was. Thankfully he's not that way much anymore...too much...or maybe I'm used to it...or maybe...
My boys...and yes they are ALL mine...and yes they are ALL boys...and yes I'm nutters half the time, OK ALL of the time.
It's a small world we live in, today I ran into a lady that looked so familiar. Well actually Lee ran into her and then I looked at her and said I know you from somewhere. She said well you were a student of mine at Mt. Si and I said that's right. She knew my name and everything! But do you think I could remember hers? NO! So of course I had to get, well Frank got them for me, my year books so I could look her up. She was my Health teacher I believe...But what a blast from the past I tell you...high school was a lifetime ago.
Have a good Friday!

4 comments:

  1. All boys? All yours? Do you know what causes that? *eyerolling*
    Very handsome guys you have there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a blast!!! How fun. Ours is in the fall. I love the fair.. I love your boy's haircuts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those hair cuts are made by yours truly...lol I wasn't going to pay someone to do what I could do.

    ReplyDelete

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...