Thursday, July 23, 2009

Austin's day

Happy Birthday Austin! Auntie loves you!

Anyway, today was my nephew's 5Th birthday today and we had the privilege to be with him on his birthday. So since I knew he was going to be at my house (his favorite Auntie's house, actually I have no idea I just always strive to be the favorite Auntie for all my nieces and nephews) I wanted to make him his favorite birthday dinner. Thankfully we didn't go with is first or second choice. I'm just not sure I could have done Macaroni and cheese...chicken nuggets and fries maybe but that just didn't sound good. So thankfully he wanted Tacos too. So that's what we had. I have to say, I have not cooked 4lbs of beef in a long time for tacos...and all I could see was my future.

So here are all the fellas...Eli partied too much and couldn't stay awake for the picture...he stayed that way for a good hour at least. Frank also told them I had a booger in my nose so they'd all look at me when I took the picture. Thanks Frank...I think. Guess they all looked though. Dru's look is priceless though.5 candles! He's also listening to us sing to him...we were quite the choir you know!Here is the birthday boy blowing out 5 candles on a cupcake that his momma brought for him. I can't believe he's 5 already! These kids are growing up WAY too fast for me...I'd like it to slow down a bit please!Austin and his brother Colton...love these boys!Cupcakes are being devoured here!
We had quite the day today. We went to Walmart only to have the fire alarm go off and the store evacuated cause there was a fire in the Bakery...well that's what we heard anyway. And then while I was out of my ever lovin' mind I took 4 children grocery shopping. So, of course there is always one (OK more than one) of them that doesn't listen. And this time it was a big thing. Lee, with my kart full of groceries, got on the side of the kart (fireman style) and tipped the whole kart over. So the kart is on top of Dru AND Eli is strapped in...just let that soak in and let it paint a picture for you. Now don't worry about Lee, he's still alive and well...he's just lucky we were in a public place...and that's all I'll say about that! He was more upset that he got hurt, not that he was naughty and totally embarrassed me. These are the reasons why parents take delight in embarrassing their kids in front of other people...I can only assume.
Well Sparky is up and having a difficult time falling back asleep so I must go...that and I'm tired...it's late. Take care!

1 comment:

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...