Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Neverland

Today I watched the Memorial Service for Micheal Jackson. I have to say it was better than I expected. It wasn't a circus, it wasn't a concert, it wasn't weird...it was a memorial service. It was balanced just right. And I did fine up until Brooke Shields got up to speak about her relationship with Micheal and then I shed a few tears when Micheal's daughter got up to speak. Such raw and vulnerable emotion for all to see. I just wish she'd have 'come' out so to speak a different way, not such a raw way. I just hope it doesn't backfire for the kids. I know we all have an opinion about him, but this is my blog so it gets to be mine.

When I heard he'd passed I knew this was going to be big, if not as big as when the Pope died. That kind of big. And it was big. He was a great performer and his music will be missed. I remember when some of his music came out like 'Remember the Time' and 'Black and White'. I remember listening to those all the time. I'm pretty sure I didn't hear the whole cassette, but kept listening to those two songs. (did you notice I said cassette?). I remember watching his videos on MTV and VH1, and those are good memories for me in the midst of a bad childhood for me. I don't really know what my opinion of him is cause I don't know him...I don't know enough about him to really say much, other than he was a good musician and performer. And I'm pretty sure I've missed out on a good time and show by not being able to make it to one of his concerts.

I think now it's time to stop having so much stuff on the TV about him and let the family grieve and move on. They are going to all have a fight ahead of them for many things for many years. This isn't even the beginning and that is sad. Especially for those kids, how is something like this not going to mess them up? I just don't see them walking away unscathed. I hope I'm wrong!

3 comments:

  1. It's time to move on.. But it was a wonderful memorial. His little girl was precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anita, such a deep though here about Micheal Jackson. People who knew him as a person loved him. I can respect aLL that, his music and his contribution to the industry. I do not respect the ugly side, nor you do I am sure. It is a sad time for his family and especially his children. What beautiful kids. I wish as you said, now the media would let him go, let his family go to mourn in peace and prepare for the fights that seem to be brewing in the back ground. Like the words from a Beatles song "let it be, let it be"

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a very sad/odd day wasn't it. I'm glad it went nice for them.

    ReplyDelete

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...