Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A Moment

So I had a moment today...you know the kind I'm talking about. The kind where it leaves you with your head spinning and you wondering just WHO let you out of the loony bin. Now mind you I have several of these but this one stood out for me...today.

I went to a park yesterday, Mud Mountain Dam. I took Dru and Eli up there to play in the water fountain and to play with our friends. I didn't pack my whole purse but just my wallet for driving there. So I go a few hours up there at the park and all is honky dory. I get ready to leave I still have everything, I get home and forget all about my wallet...the wallet. Today, as I was getting ready to go out to the store to get a few things before I take off for a retreat...THAT'S when I notice my wallet. Or the lack there of. I can't find my wallet!!!! I have torn the house apart and my car, my kids and Frank are all in on this hunt of sorts and they cant' find it. I have lost my wallet I can't believe it!!! I am sick to my stomach!

Sigh...so I start the process of letting all the banks and different places like that know I've lost my wallet and cards. Report my cards lost. I call the grocery store I was at before the park to see if someone perhaps might have turned in a wallet...no such luck! I need a license so I can take a bunch of kids to the Museum of Flight to see the Blue Angles take off, so I pay for a new one. I realize that my SS card was in my wallet (don't ask, I have now learned...take said document OUT of said wallet!) We decided to not flag my SS, cause that was a joke last time we did that. I wouldn't recommend EVER doing that to anyone. That was a pain in the arse!

Anyway, back to my story. I finally decide that yes I have looked everywhere for my wallet and yes in deed it's lost. So I concede to let Frank go to the store for me and get gas in my car and he was going to go print off my temporary license until my new one comes in the mail. So Frank leaves and I take the boys outside to play in the pool until we figure out dinner.

Would you believe after Frank left for the store and AFTER I did all those things that I found my wallet? Well that's what happened. I was going out to the backyard through my garage and thought I'd give it another look and decided I'd check my stroller ONE more time (cause I did a good job the first time) and low and behold...my wallet was in the stroller. I could have CRIED! I just wasted $15 on a license I didn't need and now I had to call back the banks and see if I could save anything. Thankfully the cards are OK and now I'll have 2 licenses cause I'm THAT special.

Yes folks, if you try REALLY hard you too can be JUST like me! Envious I know!

So that was my moment. Do you guys have any moments you'd like to share...to make me not feel so bad and wasteful of my husbands time and money?

On a side note, I kid you not my thermometer hit 111' here today! HOT!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Anita...that feeling is like losing one of your kids! Mine was stolen(from my desk at our CHURCH) many years ago and about 15 years later it was found in the river. Only thing that survived was the plastic! I lost pictures that cannot be replaced. I carry no pictures no, just paper copies.

    I KNEW you were going to find it. and it was the LAST place you looked!LOL like you would have kept hunting if it were the first :)

    it's too hot up there, way too hot.

    ReplyDelete

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...