Sunday, July 5, 2009

Milestones

So Frank decided it was time for Ian to move on to bigger and better things. Drum roll please....the training wheels have come off!!!! Ian and Frank took them off together and they even got to use daddy's tools! Guess you know what the high light of that day was... So not only did Ian take his training wheels off, but so did Lee. It is time for them to go.

So here is Lee and Frank working on his bike and using daddy's coveted tools.

Good old elbow grease here.

Now off to do the possible. Ride our bikes with ONLY two wheels! Just a little push daddy!

Lee's turn. I was surprised, Frank was not, at how quickly Lee caught on and Ian didn't. But you know before too long Ian really took off with it and can for all intents and purposes can ride his bike. Ian can start and stop his bike, needs a little more practice on the brake part, but he'll get it. Lee can ride his bike but still can't start and stop...but before the end of the week I'm betting the two of them will have it down to an art form.

Look at me daddy I can ride my bike too...says Dru!

GO! LEE GO!



After doing some trial runs in the back yard we went off to the parking lot next door and practiced there. According to Ian and Lee it's much easier there than on the grass. I guess I just had an over protective mother moment...all I could imagine was the horribly scraped knees and elbow owies! I know they are bound to happen...but could we delay it a bit? PLEASE!?!

5 comments:

  1. Knee pads and elbow pads? That would be my recomendation. They look so grown up. Love the parade pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know your proud of them! They get so big so fast~

    ReplyDelete

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...