Monday, July 13, 2009

VBS and Summer Fun

So this is my one and only picture of VBS. Too many kids and not enough hands in which to do everything. This is the band and our pastor up singing some songs with the kids. My Lee LOVES to sing and I think this was his favorite part of all. We went to my friend Ms. Liz's house and she was kind enough to invite us over for a nice swim. Of course my kids weren't about the pool but more about the costumes they have for just such occasions as play dates. So Dru found the Spider man...those are his muscles. Dang it if he isn't cute!
This is Lee, in a flight uniform! Ms. Liz has the COOLEST costumes EVER! I have to say the thought never crossed my mind to keep the kids Halloween costumes for them to use later...never. Then we started going to several friend's houses where they do keep theirs. Who knew!?!
Lee in his uniform and on a water toy of some sort. He really does like dressing up...him and his friend put on a few over the course of the play date.Ms. Liz was kind enough to take my picture with the boys who were still left in the pool. Bunch of funny looking kids...

So far the summer is shaping up quite well. Every year (I say this like I have been doing it forever) but every year I get a little leery of summer vacation. I dread it really. Ian being home with us all day long and the kids readjusting to each other and not being able to keep them occupied and not having a fun summer. And so far, last summer and this summer seem to be alright. We manage to keep ourselves busy...thank goodness! Hope everyone is having a good summer!

3 comments:

  1. Kids LOVE to dress up! I love summer. I could have it year round :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer is fun. You just have to go with the flow. I'm glad the boys had such a good time at VBS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clothes/costumes whats the difference.

    ReplyDelete

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...